This homemade oreo milkshake recipe is delicious and ultra yummy. This easy oreo shake recipe is super easy to make and made with only 3 ingredients for a very creamy frozen drink to share with the whole family!
Why we love this recipe
If you love frosty, creamy drinks then you absolutely must try this delicious homemade Oreo milkshake recipe!
This cookies and cream frosty drink is to die for! It has all the great taste and flavor of the popular chocolate sandwich cookies in a generous and very tasty drink.
Oreo milkshakes are so comforting and so easy to make at home. You only need 5 minutes of preparation and only 3 main ingredients are needed to make this milkshake, oreo cookies, vanilla ice cream and milk.
This oreo milkshake is perfect, it has an icy and refreshing texture, with a good dose of whipped cream on top and some crushed cookies that will surely please all Oreo lovers!
Ingredient for this recipe
Here is an overview of the ingredients needed and possible substitutions to make a delicious oreo milkshake at home, scroll down the page to see the quantities in the recipe card.
- Vanilla ice cream: Do not substitute ice cubes for the ice cream as you will lose the creamy texture of the milkshake. You can use chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla ice cream.
- Oreo cookies: You can easily replace the Oreo cookies with other cookies like speculoos, cookies etc.
- Milk: essential in this drink, use half-skimmed milk instead of whole milk, you can also use almond milk or another vegetable milk neutral in taste.
- Chocolate syrup: Adds a dose of chocolate, it is optional you can replace it by nutella but do not use melted chocolate that will freeze in contact with the ice cream and you will have hard pieces.
- Vanilla: Also optional to flavor the milkshake.
- Sugar: The cookies are already very sweet and bring the right amount of sugar to the milkshake, but if you still want to add some then prefer a natural sugar like maple syrup.
You'll find the quantities and instructions in the recipe card further down this page ↓↓↓
How to make an Oreo Milkshake
Blend the ingredients
- Place all ingredients together in your blender, oreo cookies, vanilla ice cream milk and optional vanilla and chocolate syrup.
- Blend on high speed for about 1 to 2 minutes until smooth.
Tip: Preferably use a blender, you can also mix all the ingredients in a shaker, you will just have to crumble the cookies finely with a rolling pin in a storage bag.
Decorate and serve cold
- Serve the oreo milkshake in a large glass or special milkshakes glasses.
- Top with whipped cream and add crushed Oreo and half a cookie.
- Serve immediately cold with a straw and enjoy!
Best milkshakes toppings
Here are some ideas to make your oreo milkshake even more delicious:
- Pour additional chocolate sauce or chocolate syrup on the inside of the glass for a nice effect.
- Add chocolate sauce on top of whipped cream.
- Serve with salted butter caramel coulis.
- Add cocoa powder for a more chocolatey taste.
- Replace vanilla ice cream with chocolate ice cream.
The oreo milkshake is like ice cream, if you do not drink it immediately its texture will change and will be more liquid.
You can always keep it in the fridge for 1-2 days, it will lose some of its creaminess, but will still be delicious.
Questions about milkshake
Use a special milkshake blender powerful enough to blend all the ingredients and get a smooth texture.
More milkshake recipes
More oreo recipes
- No bake oreo cheesecake recipe
- Oreo cheesecake bites
- Oreo brownies
- Oreo Fudge
- Oreo truffles
- Oreo chocolate chip cookies
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in the comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print
Oreo milkshake recipe
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 glasses
Recette du milkshake aux Oreo maison, une délicieuse boisson glacée et crémeuse à la saveur des biscuits Oreo (pour 2 grands verres)
- 3-4 scoops (1 ½ cups) Vanilla ice cream - approx. 150g
- 250 ml milk (1 cup)- semi-skimmed or almond milk
- 8 Oreo cookies
- 2 tbsp. chocolate sauce - optional
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla - optional
- In the bowl of a blender, place milk, vanilla ice cream, oreo cookies, chocolate syrup and vanilla.
- Blend on high speed for 1 to 2 minutes until smooth and liquid.
- Pour the mixture into 2 large milkshake glasses.
- Add whipped cream on top to completely fill the glass and garnish with a few crushed Oreo cookies and half a cookie.
- Serve immediately.
Storage: Use immediately or refrigerate for 1 to 2 days.
Homemade whipped cream: Put 200 ml of cold full cream in a container, add 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar and beat at medium speed with an electric mixer for 2 to 3 minutes until you get a firm whipped cream. Fill a piping bag and serve in glasses.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: drink, beverage, milkshake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oreo milkshake,
Leave a Reply