All the Oreo flavor in this easy Oreo cupcake recipe with a light and fluffy Oreo whipped cream frosting flavored with your favorite chocolate sandwich cookie.
To start, I highly suggest putting Oreos in your life and in all your favorite treats like these super delicious Oreo cupcakes topped with a delicious Oreo frosting recipe.
But if you're here, it means you're already among Oreo lovers, those chocolate sandwich cookies with a cream filling in the center and are perfect in all recipes.
They're so easy to make at home with just 2 preparations, my recipe for vanilla cupcakes flavored with crushed Oreos pieces and a light and fluffy mascarpone frosting recipe flavored with Oreo cookie crumbs.
Why you should make this recipe
- Easy cookies and cream cupcake recipe with this step-by-step video (coming soon).
- Only 2 preparations, soft and moist cupcakes and a fluffy topping.
- All the flavor and taste of Oreos, please young and old alike.
- Perfect for small and big occasions, birthdays, tea parties, etc.
More Oreo recipes
Here's an overview and some useful information about the ingredients and composition of this cookies and cream cupcakes recipe, scroll down to see the quantities in the recipe card.
Vanilla cupcakes batter
- Butter: Use only unsalted butter, softened it beforehand, or warm it slightly in the microwave before making the recipe.
- Sugar: White granulated sugar, if possible extra-fine; you can substitute it with a flavored sugar such as brown sugar.
- Eggs: Large eggs, preferably at room temperature.
- Milk: preferably buttermilk, but if you don't have any, plain milk or yogurt or sour cream will work too.
- Flour: Cake flour if possible or all-purpose flour with an addition of 1 tbsp cornstarch.
- Baking powder: Essential for a fluffy base.
- Vanilla and salt: Essential for flavor, pure vanilla extract and fine table salt to bring out all the flavors.
- Oreos: Crushed Oreo cookies or part cookie powder for a more colorful cupcake base, and part crushed Oreo cookies for added crunch.
>> To make a chocolate Oreo cupcakes version instead, prepare my delicious recipe for moist chocolate cupcakes.
- Mascarpone: A very cold mascarpone cheese, not a low-fat one.
- Powdered sugar: Icing sugar or confectioners sugar, so as not to feel the sugar grains in the frosting.
- Heavy cream: Full-fat cream with 30-35% fat content like whipping cream, and very cold.
- Vanilla: pure vanilla extract liquid for flavoring.
- Oreo cookie: Finely blended oreos crumbs only to flavor the frosting.
⚠️ You'll find quantities and full instructions in the recipe card at the end of this page.
How to make the best Oreo Cupcakes
- Place the softened butter and extra-fine sugar in a large bowl and mix with an electric mixer for 2-3 minutes until creamy.
- Add the eggs and the vanilla extract and mix again with the mixer to incorporate them.
- Then alternately add the buttermilk and flour mixture, sifted together beforehand, cake flour, baking powder and salt, and fold in with a spatula to make a smooth cake batter.
- Finish by adding the crushed Oreo cookie pieces and stir again to incorporate.
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C and line a cupcake pan or muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Pour the cupcake batter into the cups to fill them ¾ full.
- Bake the Oreo cupcakes for about 15 minutes, until golden brown and puffed on top.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from the tin and cooling completely on a wire rack.
- Place cold mascarpone cheese, cold heavy cream, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and finely crushed oreos in a large bowl.
- Mix with an electric mixer for approx. 3 minutes at medium speed until smooth and firm.
- Fill a piping bag with a piping tip and the whipped cream frosting and decorate the top of the cupcakes, then add half an Oreo cookie or a mini oreo cookies for decoration.
Storage and tips
In the fridge: Frosted Cupcakes can only be stored in the fridge for around 3-4 days in an airtight container.
For room-temperature-stable cookie and cream cupcakes, choose an Oreo buttercream frosting instead, a chocolate ganache or Swiss meringue buttercream.
Wait until the vanilla Oreo cupcakes have completely cooled before decorating them with the frosting.
Freezing: Only leftover cupcakes without frosting can be kept longer at room temperature, or up to 3 months in the freezer.
Do not fill cupcake cases more than ¾ full, as they may overflow during baking.
You'll also like
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in the comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print