This a very easy recipe, flavored with fresh strawberries with a perfect firmer texture perfect to fill and decorate a vanilla cake, chocolate cupcakes, and so many desserts.
Keep this fabulous strawberry whipped cream frosting recipe in mind, as it will be an absolute delight in all your strawberry recipes and desserts this summer ☀️!
This delicious pink frosting is simply an adjustment of my mascarpone whipped cream flavored with fresh strawberries, with a fluffy and firm texture that's perfect as a topping on your cupcakes and layer cakes.
This fluffy strawberry whipped cream is the perfect change from a classic strawberry buttercream frosting to decorate and top your cakes with a delicious and light frosting flavored with fresh strawberry purée.
Why you should make this recipe
- Easy, no-mess recipe, just follow my instructions and tips!
- Made with fresh fruit for a real strawberry flavor for a delicious strawberry taste.
- Fluffy and light texture for a change from buttercream frosting.
Ingredients you need
- Mascarpone: Use cold mascarpone cheese (no low-fat version).
- Cream: Only full-fat heavy cream with at least 30% fat (or heavy whipping cream with at least 35% fat).
- Strawberry puree: Prepare my homemade strawberry puree recipe, not the strawberry compote you find in the shops, nor strawberry coulis, which will add too much liquid to your frosting and will have trouble rising. (fruits compote can easily be made with fresh or frozen berries)
- Sugar: Use powdered sugar, even if the strawberry puree is already sweetened, to add more sweetness to the frosting.
- Vanilla: Add pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean seeds for a delicious strawberry vanilla flavor.
- Food coloring: Optionally add a dash of red or pink powdered food coloring for a beautiful pink frosting.
⚠️ You'll find quantities and full instructions in the recipe card at the end of this page.
How to make the best Strawberry Frosting
- Place the cold mascarpone cheese, cold heavy cream, cold homemade strawberry compote, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer or stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment for approx. 3 minutes, until smooth and firm with soft peaks.
- Immediately fill or decorate your cakes and cupcakes with the strawberry-mascarpone frosting, or store it in the fridge.
Tip: Add a dash of strawberry-red or pink powdered food coloring to the ingredients for a more vibrant pink frosting.
How to use this frosting
Strawberry whipped cream is cream, fluffy, and light, perfect for pastries and all your homemade desserts. Here are a few recipe ideas:
- For filling a strawberry vanilla cake or a strawberry chocolate cake.
- To decorate cupcakes like my Strawberry Crunch Cupcakes (coming soon) or this moist chocolate cupcake recipe.
- In a dessert verrine with fresh fruits or a strawberry tiramisu.
Tips for this recipe
- Measure your quantities carefully with an electronic scale: the ratio of mascarpone to whipping cream is calculated to ensure a firm and fluffy texture.
- Use strawberry purée: no strawberry coulis, which will add too much liquid to the frosting, making it difficult for it to whip up.
- Use cold ingredients: if possible, place the mixing bowl with all the ingredients in the freezer for 10 minutes before whipping to help the cream whip up.
- Be careful not to over-whip, as this will cause the frosting to slice and leave a grainy cream that you won't be able to recover.
- Once you've used this strawberry whipped cream frosting on your cakes, leave it in the fridge to set, especially during the warmer seasons.
How to substitute with freeze-dried strawberries: Replace the strawberry puree with ¼ cup of freeze-dried strawberry powder to flavor your frosting.
Can you use fresh strawberries in frostings?
Yes, it's possible to make strawberry whipped cream with fresh strawberries as long as the strawberries are cooked to reduce the amount of liquid and get a strawberry concentrate similar to jam.
How do you harden frosting?
In this recipe, it's the combination of cold mascarpone and cold whipping cream in the correct ratio that gives a firm texture.
Can we replace strawberries with other fruits?
Can strawberry jam be substituted for strawberry purée?
Yes, it's possible to use jam instead of puree, you'll just have to blend it well beforehand and perhaps reduce the amount of sugar added.
You'll also love
- Coconut Frosting
- White chocolate whipped ganache
- Chocolate whipped ganache
- Strawberry milkshake
- Lemon curd cupcakes
- Chocolate mascarpone frosting
- Oreo frosting
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in the comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print