This an easy recipe to make in just 5 minutes, with mascarpone cheese, heavy cream, and Oreo chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs for a perfect light and fluffy stabilized frosting.
This homemade Oreo frosting is a delicious filling for your layer cakes, but also perfect as a topping on your cupcakes or in all your dessert like in pie and glass desserts.
Here, this Oreo whipped cream frosting is perfect for piping on Oreo cookies and cream cupcakes, in chocolate cupcakes, or other cupcake recipe and is an ideal change from Oreo buttercream frosting recipe or Swiss meringue buttercream.
Made without unsalted butter but with my favorite mascarpone whipped cream frosting recipe, flavored with Oreo cookie crumbs, and perfectly adapted for thick, fluffy frosting.
Why we love this recipe
- Super-easy, no-mess whipped cream frosting with simple ingredients and my step-by-step recipe.
- All the flavor and taste of Oreos cookies in a light cream.
- Fluffy, stabilized frosting perfect for decorating cupcakes and layer cakes.
More Oreo desserts
Here's an overview of the ingredients needed to make this delicious Cookies and cream frosting at home, scroll down to see the quantities in the recipe card.
- Mascarpone: Use cold mascarpone cheese, not low-fat versions.
- Heavy cream: Only full-fat and cold heavy cream with a minimum fat content of 30% or heavy whipping cream with a minimum of 35%.
- Sugar: Powdered sugar (icing sugar or confectioner sugar) rather than granulated sugar, so as not to feel the grains in the icing.
- Vanilla: Pure vanilla extract or the seeds of a vanilla bean.
- Oreo cookies: Classic Oreo cookies, not double cream, very finely blended in a food processor.
Chocolate: Add unsweetened cocoa powder to make a version of chocolate Oreo frosting as in my chocolate mascarpone whipped cream recipe.
⚠️ You'll find quantities and full instructions in the recipe card at the end of this page.
How to make Cookies and cream Frosting
- Finely blend the Oreo cookies in a food processor to obtain a very fine powder with no lumps.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl, cold mascarpone cheese, cold heavy cream, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and Oreo cookie crumbs.
- Whip with an electric mixer or stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment on medium speed for about 2-3 minutes, until you have a smooth and fluffy frosting.
Tip: Place the mixing bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes with all the ingredients, then whip them with a hand mixer to make a smooth frosting with a thick consistency.
Storage and tips
In the fridge: Cover the Oreo frosting recipe with plastic wrap or in a storage tin and store in the fridge for 3-4 days. (Whip again to smooth the frosting before using it in your cakes).
Freezing: It's not advisable to freeze the Oreo whipped cream frosting, as it won't thaw well unless it's already been used as a filling in a cake layer.
Use cold ingredients: place the heavy cream, either on its own or with the other ingredients, in the freezer for 10 minutes before whipping.
Use an electric mixer rather than a stand mixer: unless you're making large quantities of frosting.
Be careful not to overbeat the frosting: otherwise, it will slice and become grainy, so always mix at medium speed to keep an eye on the texture of the cream and stop before it becomes grainy.
You'll also love
- Strawberry whipped cream frosting
- White chocolate Swiss meringue buttercream
- Whipped Chocolate ganache
- White chocolate ganache
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in the comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print