This iced coffee is flavored with homemade chocolate syrup and takes just 5 minutes to make at home, served with a delicious whipped cream topping.
The iced mocha latte is a cold coffee drink flavored with chocolate syrup, served with milk and a whipped cream topping, perfect to match my chocolate cinnamon rolls.
Prepared in less than 5 minutes and with just 3 basic ingredients, a full-bodied espresso coffee, homemade chocolate sauce and milk, and extra whipped cream for the most indulgent.
But this version of homemade mocha iced latte is quick and easy to make at home, costs much less and is much less sweet than the coffee shop version.
Why we love this recipe
- Quick and easy to make with my step-by-step recipe.
- Iced coffee to get your caffeine fix and cool down at the same time.
- Made with homemade chocolate syrup but also works with any store-bought chocolate syrup.
Here's an overview of the ingredients needed and possible substitutions to make this mocha iced latte recipe at home, scroll down to see the quantities in the recipe card.
- Coffee: Choose your favorite coffee, preferably a strong espresso, cold brew coffee, filter coffee or simply instant soluble coffee.
- Chocolate syrup: Made at home with a mixture of unsweetened cocoa powder with a liquid sugar such as maple syrup, mixed with a bit of water or coffee and optional vanilla syrup flavoring. (you can use any store-bought chocolate syrup or replace it with white chocolate syrup or caramel syrup)
- Milk: the kind you like to drink, dairy milk, or a neutral plant-based drink such as almond milk, coconut milk, oat milk, soy milk or other.
- Ice cubes: Large ice cubes that you can make with coffee to have coffee ice cubes and a double dose of coffee flavor.
⚠️ You'll find quantities and full instructions in the recipe card at the end of this page.
How to Make an Easy Iced Mocha Recipe
- Prepare your usual coffee, using an espresso machine, instant coffee or filter coffee, and let your hot coffee cool.
- Mix the unsweetened cocoa powder with the maple syrup and a small amount of coffee in a small bowl to wet the mixture and create a chocolate sauce.
- Fill a tall glass or two small glasses with ice cubes.
- Pour in the coffee first, then the chocolate sauce.
Tip: There's no right or wrong way to do this iced mocha recipe. You can also mix all your ingredients in a bowl and serve in a glass with ice cubes.
- Add your cold milk to the glass containing the coffee and chocolate sauce.
- Stir with a straw or tablespoon to make a smooth drink.
- Top with whipped cream and decorate with a drizzle of chocolate sauce or simply melted chocolate.
- Enjoy your iced mocha latte!
Real chocolate in my mocha coffee: Melt 1 square of 70% or 80% dark chocolate in your hot coffee to replace the chocolate syrup.
Iced white chocolate mocha coffee: Replace dark chocolate or unsweetened cocoa powder with white chocolate or milk chocolate to melt in your hot coffee.
Caramel syrup or peppermint: Use caramel syrup as in this iced caramel latte recipe, or add a bit of mint syrup to make the iced peppermint mocha latte version as at Starbucks.
You will also love
- Vanilla chaï latte
- Vanilla iced coffee
- Healthy pumpkin spice latte
- Matcha latte
- Strawberry Matcha latte
- Caramel iced coffee
- Tiramisu latte
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in the comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print