My heart falls between this recipe for cookies and cream cheesecake and this version of no-bake Oreo cheesecake, so delicious are both these delicious desserts.
Made with an oreo crust, a creamy and rich Oreo-flavored vanilla cheesecake and a greedy whipped cream topping with crushed oreo cookies
It's always a great idea to use Oreo cookies in cheesecake recipes and more than in this Oreo brownies recipe, this chocolate Oreo cake or this Oreo milkshake, these chocolate sandwich cookies are incredible in this Cookies and cream cheesecake.
Everything we love about cheesecake, like the ultra-rich, creamy New York cheesecake, with the Oreo cookie pieces and Oreo pie crust that give it that delicious, irresistible flavor like in my oreo cheesecake brownies.
Why you should make this recipe
- Very easy recipe with only 2 preparations and my step-by-step recipe.
- Ultra-creamy and flavorful, with the good taste of Oreo cookies.
- Very delicious with its homemade whipped cream topping.
- A perfect dessert for special occasions, birthdays, family dinners etc.
More Oreo Desserts
Ingredients you need
Here's some information on the ingredients needed and possible substitutions to make this delicious baked Oreo cheesecake, scroll down to see the quantities in the recipe card.
- Oreo: Use classic Oreo cookies, which can be replaced by other Oreo flavors such as golden Oreos or biscoff cookies
- Butter: Preferably unsalted butter, which should be melted.
- Cream cheese: use softened cream cheese, Philadelphia or another brand of cream cheese, but full-fat cream cheese, not low-fat.
- Sugar: use white granulated sugar rather than flavored sugar.
- Eggs: large and at room temperature.
- Vanilla: Pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean seeds are essential for flavoring the recipe.
- Sour cream: to soften the texture of the cheesecake, you can replace it with yogurt or Greek yogurt.
- Lemon: fresh lemon juice or bottled lemon juice.
- Oreo: Crushed Oreos, or you can incorporate a portion of oreo crumbs for a more intense cheesecake.
- For a chocolate version: Add melted semi-sweet chocolate at the end of the preparation, as in my chocolate ganache cheesecake recipe.
- Chocolate chips: add chocolate chips to the cheesecake mixture for extra flavor.
⚠️ You'll find quantities and full instructions in the recipe card at the end of this page.
How to Make Oreo Cheesecake
Make Oreo crust
- Finely blend the Oreo cookies in a food processor to fine crumbs, with no lumps.
- Add the melted butter and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a springform pan lined with parchment paper and press down with the back of a tablespoon, then use the bottom of a glass to create a smooth layer that comes up to the edges.
- Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Prepare the cheesecake batter
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat again to incorporate, taking care not to add too much air to the mixture.
- Add the sour cream and lemon juice and beat again just until incorporated.
- Finish by adding the crushed Oreo cookies and stirring with a spatula to incorporate them.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the prepared springform pan over the Oreo crust.
- Preheat oven to 300°F/ 150°C and heat a saucepan with hot water to bake in a water bath.
- Pour the hot water over the deep fryer positioned under the rack.
- Bake the cheesecake for around 60-90 minutes, until the center is completely set.
- Leave the oreo cheesecake to cool for one hour in the oven with the door open.
- Then let cool completely to room temperature before covering with plastic wrap and leave the cheesecake overnight in the fridge.
- The next day, carefully unmold the baked Oreo cheesecake and place on a serving dish.
- Decorate the top of the cheesecake with whipped cream and Oreo cookie pieces.
Tip: Add a chocolate ganache to the top of the cheesecake by simply melting chocolate in the microwave.
In the fridge: Cheesecake rest can only be stored in the fridge for around 4-5 days, wrapped in plastic wrap or in an airtight container.
Freeze: You can also freeze it for up to 3 months, whole or cut into slices, and store it in a storage box or well-wrapped in plastic wrap.
You will also love
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in the comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print