How to make Oreo Cake Pops with this easy recipe that's just as simple to make as my no-bake Oreo cake balls, but on lollipop sticks to enjoy at any occasion.
Only 3 ingredients to make this chocolate cake pop with Oreos and cream cheese and a white chocolate coating.
Why you'll love this recipe
Pop cakes or Oreo cake pops are little treats that you can discover in detail in this guide to make cake pops, lollipop cakes that we don't want to share because they're so delicious!
Prepared here with Oreo cookies, those chocolate sandwich cookies I like to use in all my recipes like this baked cookies and cream cheesecake, Oreo chocolate chip cookies, Oreo milkshake or this Oreo brownie.
Oreo cake pops are made with just 3 ingredients, Oreo cookie crumbs and cream cheese, plus an optional chocolate coating for decoration and added indulgence.
- Ultra-simple and no-bake Oreo cake pops with my step-by-step recipe.
- Just 3 ingredients and its chocolate coating or the other options I suggest in this post.
- Perfect for little treats for parties, birthdays and other occasions.
More Oreo recipes
Notes on ingredients
Here are the ingredients needed for this recipe and possible substitutions to make the Oreo cake pop recipe, scroll down the page to see the quantities in the recipe card.
- Oreo cookies: We generally use regular Oreos cookies, not double-stuffed Oreo or any other Oreo flavor such as golden Oreos or mint Oreos.
- Cream cheese: Use softened cream cheese as a binding agent, easily replaced by Nutella, mascarpone cheese or frosting such as buttercream.
- Chocolate: With melted chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate chips, white chocolate chips as shown here, or with milk chocolate chips.
- Candy melts: Melted candy melts or deco melts are perfect for candy coating on cake pops, cake popsicles etc.
- Crushed Oreos: Coat with crushed Oreo cookies , crushed nuts or other crumbs.
- Decorative sugar: Sprinkles, nonpareils etc. on top of the chocolate coating for extra fun.
⚠️ You'll find quantities and full instructions in the recipe card at the end of this page.
How to make Oreo Cake Pop Recipe
- Step 1: Blend the Oreo cookies in a food processor to fine crumbs with no large lumps.
- Step 2: Mix the Oreo powder with the room-temperature cream cheese until the oreo mixture is smooth and compact.
Tip: If you don't have a food processor, you can place the Oreo cookies in a ziplock bag and crush them to a powder using a rolling pin.
Shaping and coating
- Step 3: Form cake balls of dough weighing around 20 g and place on a plate or baking sheet lined with parchment paper, then let stand in the fridge for 30 minutes or 10 minutes in the freezer.
- Step 4: Place a cake pop stick in the center of each Oreo ball, previously dipped in melted white chocolate previously melted in a double boiler or in the microwave, and leave to rest in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Step 5: Dip each Oreo cake pop into the melted chocolate, shake off excess chocolate, and place it on a cake pop stand or Styrofoam cake dummy.
- Decorate with melted dark chocolate in a piping bag or pastry cone, or sprinkle a few crushed Oreo crumbs over the cake pops before the chocolate hardens.
Tip: You can add a little fat to your melted chocolate to make it more fluid, such as mycryo (cocoa butter powder) or vegetable oil..
Storage and tips
In the fridge: Oreo cake pops are best kept in the fridge, especially during the warmer months, in an airtight container box for around 4-5 days.
Freezer: You can also freeze them for up to 3 months. Let them recover slowly in the fridge.
Finely blend the Oreo cookies, the finer the powder, the smoother and rounder the balls.
Let the cake pops rest in the fridge or freezer before covering with melted chocolate.
Add fat to your melted chocolate, especially for white chocolate, mycryo or a little coconut oil for a smooth consistency.
More Cake pop recipes
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in the comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print