This matcha green tea iced latte is very easy to make at home and really perfect for cooling down while enjoying the health benefits of matcha green tea powder and enjoy fresh strawberries.
Why we love this recipe
You're probably most familiar with the matcha latte recipe, the vibrant green-colored drink with all its health benefits, also found in this fruity version of strawberry matcha latte.
This strawberry matcha drink is the same recipe as the Iced matcha latte, but in an iced version that I like to drink during the summer to cool down and enjoy all its benefits, as in this delicious vanilla chai latte.
The Strawberry Matcha latte recipe is a delight, featuring the delicious taste of matcha powder in an iced latte served with ice cubes and a layer of homemade strawberry puree made with fresh or frozen strawberries to enjoy this recipe all year round.
Why you should make this recipe
- Super-easy recipe with few ingredients and ready in just 5 minutes.
- A super refreshing drink, perfect for summer drinks.
- The sweet flavors of matcha green tea and the fruity taste of fresh strawberry puree for a vibrant, highly flavored combination.
- Healthy recipe with lots of benefits for the body.
Here's an overview of the ingredients and possible substitutions to make an iced strawberry matcha latte recipe at home, scroll down to see the quantities in the recipe card.
- Matcha powder: Choose good quality matcha powder for a sweeter drink and to avoid the bitterness of the green tea leaf.
- Milk: Whatever you like to drink, dairy milk or a plant-based drink such as homemade almond milk without sugar, coconut milk, oat milk, soy milk, etc.
- Sugar: Preferably natural sugar, such as maple syrup, honey, agave syrup, or even granulated sugar. This is essential to soften the taste of green tea.
- Strawberries: Fresh strawberry puree with seasonal fruits as possible, juicy, and sweet. You can also use homemade strawberry coulis or strawberry compote or made a strawberry purée with frozen strawberries.
⚠️ You'll find quantities and full instructions in the recipe card at the end of this page.
How to Make Iced Strawberry Matcha Latte
- Make the fresh strawberry puree: Mash the fresh strawberries with a fork in a small bowl until you have pureed strawberries.
- Make the matcha mixture: In a small bowl, whisk matcha green tea powder, hot water, sugar, and vanilla flavoring with a fork, a milk frother, or a special matcha whisk until smooth and lump-free.
- Pour the strawberry mixture first into the bottom of a tall glass filled with ice cubes.
- Add your milk until it fills ¾ of the glass.
- Pour in the matcha mixture to finish.
- Stir a little and enjoy cold with a straw.
Tip: Add a topping of whipped cream for a more indulgent and satisfying drink.
Tips and recipe variations
Quality matcha tea: Use ceremonial-grade matcha powder to maximize the benefits of green tea in a milder, less bitter beverage than 1st price matcha tea.
Whisk the matcha powder with a milk frother or a special bamboo whisk to avoid lumps in the drink.
Replace strawberries with other fruits: like blueberries, raspberries, mango or others.
Add tapioca pearls to make a bubble matcha latte-style drink for extra deliciousness.
Is matcha latte healthy? Homemade is obviously much healthier than the Starbucks one and if you use natural ingredients, the matcha powder alone has so many health benefits that it's certainly one of the healthiest drinks around.
You'll also love
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in the comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print