White chocolate sandwich cookies, a recipe made with hazelnut shortbread and filled with a delicious white chocolate ganache.
White chocolate sandwich cookies
The chocolate sandwich cookies are sandwiched together and contain a delicious white chocolate ganache, a perfect homemade snack for kids!
These hazelnut shortbread cookies recipe is very easy to make and keeps for a long time, you can replace the white chocolate ganache with :
- Caramel salted butter
- Nutella or my healthy chocolate-nut spread
- Homemade praline paste
- Or a dark chocolate ganache
- Almond butter, peanut butter or coconut butter...
My materials for this recipe
- Baking tray
- Silicone baking mat
- Pastry rolling pin
- Round fluted cookies cutter
- Disposable pastry bag
How to make white chocolate sandwich cookies
Make the hazelnut shortbread
- Start by placing the dry ingredients, flour, powdered sugar, hazelnut meal and salt in a container.
- Then add the butter cut into pieces and rub with your hands until you get a sandy preparation.
- Then add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla and mix with a tablespoon and finish the mixture with your hands until you form a smooth, homogeneous ball of dough.
- Finally, cover the dough with cling film and place the dough in the chill 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- First take the dough out of the fridge and roll it out with a rolling pin between 2 sheets of baking paper to a thickness of about 3 mm.
- Then cut out your shortbread with a round fluted cutter of about 5 cm.
- cookies on a baking tray covered with baking paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Finish by putting your baking tray containing the cookies in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes to preheat the oven.
Baking shortbread cookies
- Start by taking the cookie sheet out of the freezer.
- And bake in the oven for the time indicated in the recipe sheet until your cookies have a nice golden color.
- Finally, when they come out of the oven, the cookies are still a little soft, they will harden as they cool, let them cool for a few minutes on the baking tray before moving them.
Make the white chocolate ganache
- First of all, chop the white chocolate and place it in a container.
- Then place the liquid cream in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Finally, pour the hot liquid cream over the white chocolate and mix with a spatula until a completely smooth ganache is obtained.
- Set aside at room temperature, the ganache will harden.
Assembly of the sandwich cookies
- Start by filling a pastry bag with white chocolate ganache.
- And garnish the center with a cookie (like a macaroon).
- Then cover with a second cookie and press lightly to flatten the chocolate ganache.
- Finally, place your chocolate-filled shortbread cookies in the fridge for a few minutes to harden the ganache.
How to store the white chocolate sandwich cookies
These filled sandwich cookies can be stored at room temperature for 1 week in an airtight box or in the freezer for 3 months.
Other filled cookies recipes
White chocolate sandwich cookies
- 170 g flour
- 70 g Hazelnut meal
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 100 g Butter - Cut into pieces
- 90 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
White chocolate ganache filling
- 90 g Liquid cream
- 255 g White chocolate ganache
- Place the dry ingredients, flour, almond powder, powdered sugar, baking powder and salt in a container.
- Then add the soft butter cut into pieces and rub with your hands until you get a sandy texture.
- Then add the egg and egg yolk, vanilla and mix with a wooden spoon before finishing the mixture with your hands until a homogeneous ball of dough is formed.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and place in the chill for about 1 hour.
- Then place the ball of dough between 2 sheets of baking paper and flatten it with a rolling pin to a thickness of about 3 mm.
- Using round cutter to cut the cookies, remove the excess dough and place it in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- Then place your cookies on a baking tray covered with baking paper and put in the freezer for about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 356°F / 180°C and bake the cookies for about 10-15 minutes for each baking tray.
White chocolate ganache
- Chop the chocolate and place it in a container.
- Place the whole liquid cream in a saucepan and bring to the boil over low heat.
- Pour the hot liquid cream over the chocolate and mix with a soft spatula, once the chocolate has completely melted, reserve at room temperature, the ganache will harden.
- Fill a pastry bag with the white chocolate ganache and fill a cookie with a small layer, then place a second cookie on top to form a sandwich.
- Place your filled cookie in the fridge for a few minutes to cool and harden the ganache.