Chocolate crinkle cookies are both super chewy and crunchy, so the perfect cookies recipe for Christmas!
What are crinkles?
Chocolate crinkle cookies are a soft cookie base, rolled in powdered sugar, which when baked gives it that cracked look, hence the name "crinkle".
Also chocolate crinkles are very popular in the United States, especially during the Christmas season!
Why choose chocolate crinkles
- They are very good both super soft and crunchy!
- It's a very simple and quick recipe to prepare!
- They're pretty, the crackling effect reminds you of snow.
- And it's an ideal recipe for the holiday season.
If you like Christmas cookies :
How to make chocolate crinkles
- First start by placing all dry ingredients in a container, flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and vanilla powder.
- Then in a large bowl, place the soft butter and cane sugar, mix with an electric hand mixer until smooth and frothy.
- And add the eggs one by one and mix between each addition.
- Then add the dry ingredients mixture and mix again.
- Finally, cover with cling film and chill for 1 hour.
- Then remove balls of dough with your hands or an ice cream scoop.
- And roll them between your palms and then roll them in the icing sugar.
- Finish by placing your dough balls on a baking tray covered with baking paper or silicone baking mat and bake in the oven.
How to store chocolate crinkles
Chocolate crinkle cookies can be stored like dry cookies, in a box with an airtight lid, away from light.
But you can also store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Chocolate crinkle cookies
- 210 g Flour
- 70 g Cocoa powder - unsweetned
- 80 g Cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- 60 g butter - softned
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 Eggs
- Icing sugar
- Start by placing all the dry ingredients together in a container, flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, vanilla, salt and baking powder.
- In a large container place the soft butter and sugar and beat with a whisk.
- Then add the eggs one by one and mix after each addition.
- Then incorporate the dry ingredients mixture and mix until you get a smooth and homogeneous paste that is a little sticky.
- Cover with cling film and place in the chill for 1 hour.
- Then preheat the oven to 350°F / 175°C and cover a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Remove balls of dough and roll them in powdered sugar before placing them on the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for approx. 10-15 minutes.
- Allow the chocolate crinkles to cool before moving them.