The coconut layer cake is an ultra tasty dessert, a vanilla sponge cake, a coconut ganache, a nice smbc smoothing and a decoration with Raffaello chocolate, grated coconut and dark chocolate sauce.
The Coconut cake is ultra gourmet! It is composed of a sponge cake with vanilla which is a very dense and rich cake.
Also this Raffaello layer cake is topped with a white chocolate-coconut ganache, a mixture of white chocolate, liquid cream and coconut cream.
The whole thing is assembled in layer cake and smoothed with the superb SMBC - Swiss meringue butter cream, always perfect in a layer cake and which gives it this magnificent white smoothing!
With a nice super gourmet decoration of coconut ganache, poached with my favorite tip 1B !
And don't forget to add Raffaello, sprinkle with grated coconut and the final touch is its delicious dark chocolate sauce!
Why choose coconut layer cake
- The association of white chocolate and coconut!
- An ideal cake for the festive season! (even all year round as a birthday cake)
- Easy to prepare and assemble with only 3 preparations.
You will also like : Best 10 cake decorating tools for great cakes !
How to make the coconut layer cake
Preparation of the sponge cake
- Start by placing butter, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of your pastry robot and blend with a whisk for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Then add the eggs, one by one and mix between each addition, then continue mixing for about 5 minutes.
- And add the flour and salt and continue mixing for another minute.
- Finally divide your cake mix and pour into the 2 round baking trays lined with baking paper.
- Bake in the oven for the indicated time, check the baking with a cake tester or the blade of a knife.
- Finish by removing your cakes from the moulds, when they are cooled, cover them with cling film and place them in the chill for at least 2 hours.
Preparation of the Swiss Meringue Butter Cream
- First, place the sugar and egg whites in a large bowl and heat in a bain-marie, while stirring with a hand whisk and controlling the temperature with a cooking thermometer which should reach 55°C.
- Then transfer this mixture to the bowl of your food processor fitted with the whisk and beat at high speed for 10-15 minutes.
- Finally when the mixture has cooled and the Swiss meringue is white, firm and shiny, reduce the speed and incorporate the soft butter cubes.
- Then when the butter has been well incorporated, resume mixing at high speed until the butter cream is white, homogeneous and smooth.
Preparation of the white chocolate coconut ganache
- First, rehydrate the gelatin leaves by immersing it in a bowl of water for 10 minutes and place the chopped white chocolate in a container.
- Then bring the creams, liquid cream and coconut cream to the boil.
- Add the drained gelatin leaves, mix and pour this mixture over the white chocolate
- Finally, stir with a soft spatula until the chocolate has completely melted.
- Finish by blending with a hand blender to smooth the ganache.
- Cover with cling film on contact and place in the fridge overnight.
Assembly and decoration of the Raffaello Cake
- Start by cutting the sponge cake in layers of the same thickness using a cake lyre.
- Then place a cake base on your revolving cake stand and place a first layer of sponge cake.
- Then, place a pudding of Swiss meringue butter cream with the help of a pastry bag (see video).
- And garnish the inside with coconut ganache, smooth with the bent spatula and cover with a second layer of sponge cake.
- Finally, repeat this step for all the remaining layers of sponge cake.
- Next, apply a layer of Swiss Meringue Butter Cream over the entire cake layer and smooth with an icing smoothener.
- And place your cake in the fridge for 1 hour.
You will also like : How to frost a cake for perfect finish !
- Garnish a pastry bag with the remaining white chocolate and coconut ganache, with a large 1B flower tip.
- Decorate the top of the cake layer with swirls.
- Add Raffaello, sprinkle with grated coconut and serve with the dark chocolate coulant.
How to store my Raffaello Cake
The Raffaello layer cake must be kept in a chill because it contains a fragile cream (the ganache montée).
You can keep it for one week in the fridge or freezer up to 3 months.
The sponge cake sponge cake and butter cream with Swiss meringue can be prepared several days in advance and kept in the fridge.
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print