A classic but still very much appreciated is the chocolate mousse! A chocolatey and creamy homemade recipe for dessert.
This chocolate mousse recipe is super simple and quick to prepare, making it a perfect dessert for any occasion!
Indeed nothing could be simpler, it contains only 4 ingredients with barely 20 minutes of preparation.
Of course, you will have to give it time to rest and cool for at least 2 hours.
But chocolate mousse is better when it is cold!
A smooth and light texture in the mouth, the good taste of chocolate but not too strong and above all low in sugar.
- Dark chocolate, quality and 70% cocoa
- Liquid cream with 30% fat
How to prepare chocolate mousse
- Start by breaking the 70% cocoa dark chocolate into pieces.
- Then melt it either in a bain marie or in the microwave.
- In the meantime, heat the liquid cream in a saucepan over low heat.
- Finally, pour the liquid cream over the chocolate and mix with a whisk.
- Then, incorporate the egg yolks and mix again, then set aside.
- Then, whisk the egg whites in your stand mixer with the sugar.
- Finish by incorporating the egg whites into the melted chocolate mixture, gently using a soft spatula.
- Then pour the chocolate mousse mixture into a bowl or small ramekins and chill for at least 2 hours.
If you like chocolatey desserts :
- 200 g Dark chocolate - 70% cocoa
- 120 ml liquid cream - 30% fat
- 4 Eggs yolks
- 6 Eggs white
- 30 g cane sugar
- Start by breaking the chocolate into pieces and melting it in bain-marie or microwave.
- Meanwhile, heat the liquid cream in a saucepan over low heat.
- Then pour the heated liquid cream 2-3 times over the melted chocolate and stir after each addition with a whisk.
- Then add the egg yolks to the melted chocolate mixture and mix with the whisk.
- Then place the egg whites with the sugar in the bowl of your stand mixer and blend with the whisk at high speed until stiff whites are formed.
- Then add the egg whites to the melted chocolate and mix gently with a spatula until you obtain a homogeneous cream.
- Transfer your chocolate mousse mixture to a large bowl or small ramekins.
- Place in the chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- You can use 54% dark chocolate instead of 70%,
- White sugar instead of cane sugar
- Increase the amount of sugar.
- For a stronger chocolate mousse, remove one egg white from the recipe.