How to make the easy French chocolate mousse, a very simple and quick recipe to make for 6 - 8 parts
- 200 g (1 cup) Dark chocolate - bittersweet
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) heavy cream - full fat
- 4 Egg yolks - room temperature
- 6 Egg whites - room temperature
- 1 1/2 tbsp (30 g) Sugar granulated sugar - or Honey
- A pinch of sea salt
- Start by breaking the chocolate into pieces and melting it in bain-marie or microwave.
- Meanwhile, heat the liquid cream in a saucepan over low heat.
- Then pour the heated liquid cream 2-3 times over the melted chocolate and stir after each addition with a whisk.
- Then add the egg yolks to the melted chocolate mixture and mix with the whisk.
- Then place the egg whites with the sugar and salt in the bowl of your stand mixer and blend with the whisk at high speed until stiff whites are formed.
- Then add the egg whites to the melted chocolate and mix gently with a spatula until you obtain a homogeneous cream.
- Transfer your chocolate mousse mixture to a large bowl or small ramekins.
- Place in the chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- You can use 54% dark chocolate instead of 70%,
- White sugar instead of cane sugar
- Increase the amount of sugar.
- For a stronger chocolate mousse, remove one egg white from the recipe.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: french
- Calories: 256
- Sugar: 10
- Sodium: 52
- Fat: 19
- Saturated Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 16
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 6
- Cholesterol: 119
Keywords: chocolate, chocolate mousse, french chocolate mousse, dark chocolate mousse, easy chocolate mousse