This is the best chocolate chip blondies recipe! A super fudgy and tasty white chocolate blondies. The ultra greedy version of the brownies but without cocoa and with white chocolate chips.
If you like that kind of rich, super fudgy cake like classic brownies but without the cocoa. You absolutely must try this American blondies recipe!
Best blondies recipe
The blondies also called the "blonde brownies" is an American recipe almost identical to the classic brownies. It is a very rich and melt-in-the-mouth cake, made with simple ingredients, flour, butter, eggs and sugar.
Very easy and quick to prepare, I use white chocolate chips, which you can easily replace with semi-sweet chocolate chip or do without.
And to add more flavor to this melting texture you can add crushed nuts, almonds, hazelnut or pecan nuts. Or even tastier by adding peanut butter or a brown butter version by following the indications below in the ingredients notes.
Why choose chocolate chip blondies :
- It is incredibly melting in the mouth and not at all dry.
- Tasty with these white chocolate chips.
- It's an easy and quick recipe to prepare for the snack.
- It contains ingredients that we all have in our cupboards.
Useful tools for this recipe
- Square brownie pan, 8 inch / 20 cm for a good thickness
- Angled spatula to spread the batter in the pan
- Kitchen scale, to weigh all ingredients correctly
- Whisk, to gently mix the batter.
- Wire rack
Use quality unsalted butter with at least 80 percent fat which must be melted before being incorporated into the other ingredients.
Brown butter blondie tip :
For a brown butter version of blondies, simply brown the butter gently in a pan until golden brown and you can smell that wonderful nutty butter smell and then use it according to the recipe card.
Use medium to large eggs, especially at room temperature to obtain a homogeneous preparation.
A mix of refined granulated sugar and brown sugar that gives this blondies recipe incredible flavor. If you find the recipe too sweet, especially with the white chocolate chips which are already very sweet, feel free to reduce the amount of sugar in this recipe.
Tip: Use whatever brown sugar you have in your cupboards, dark brown sugar or light brown sugar il’s work well.
I use all-purpose white wheat flour, just measure the quantities well with an electronic scale because flour is a major ingredient in the moist and melting texture of the blondie.
Always use a little pure liquid vanilla extract in your sweet recipes, it gives a delicious flavour and brings out all the taste.
A small pinch of salt or sea salt to bring out all the flavors in your recipes. Salt is a flavor enhancer and you won't feel it in the blondie.
To make the dough rise a little and have more texture in the mouth we add a little baking powder, but this does not take away from its incredible melting.
In this recipe I chose white chocolate chips, it adds a richer flavor and a nice dense, fudgy texture with a bit of crunch since they are not completely melted.
But if you find it missing chocolate flavor then simply replace them with semi-sweet chocolate chips and you will have a texture much like chocolate chip cookies.
You can add even more flavor to your blondie with peanut butter or Nutella swirled on top of the dough just before you bake your blondie.
And for extra crunch in your blondies, add walnut, macadamia nuts or a mixture of crushed nuts like almonds and hazelnuts.
Serve the brownies on a plate with a creamy topping, such as vanilla or chocolate ice cream or a chocolate glaze.
Difference between a blondies and a brownies
The only difference between a blondies and a brownies is the cocoa powder.
Indeed, the brownies is prepared with almost the same ingredients as the blondies with the only difference that it contains cocoa powder. The blondies has the same melting texture as its cousin but without the chocolate color.
How to make the chocolate chip blondies recipe
- Preheat oven and line a 8 inch brownies pan with parchment paper or grease it with a cooking spray.
- Whisk together the sugar and melted butter, place the white and brown powdered sugar with the butter and whisk for a good minute.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, whisking them into the mixture one at a time until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, salt and mix again.
- Stir in chocolate chips and mix again gently.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread the batter with an angled spatula.
- Bake your chocolate chip blondies in the oven at half height for about 25 - 30 minutes, check for doneness. (be careful not to overcook it)
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the baking pan and cutting.
How to store the chocolate chip blondies
Keep your chocolate chip blondies in a box with an airtight lid for 3-4 days or in the fridge for about 1 week.
Also, you can keep it in the freezer for up to 3 months, let it defrost at room temperature.
Chocolate chip blondies video
Tips for successful blondies
- Line the pan with parchment paper for easy removal from the pan.
- Use room temperature ingredients for a smooth batter.
- Do not over mix after adding the flour to get a smooth texture.
- Be careful not to overcook the blondies or they will be too dry.
- Place in the fridge for 1 hour before cutting to avoid crumbs.
Other brownie recipes
Don't forget to tag me @sweetlycakes on Instagram if you make my chocolate chip blondies recipe and add a link to my recipe if you share it on your blog 😉
Chocolate chip blondies
- 170 g butter - melted
- 100 g sugar - white
- 50 g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 250 g Flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 150 g white chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 347°F / 175°C and line a square brownie tin with baking paper.
- Place the melted butter and the 2 sugars in a large container and whisk together.
- Then add the eggs and mix again with a whisk.
- Then add the dry ingredients, flour, vanilla powder, baking powder and salt and mix until you obtain a homogeneous preparation.
- Finish by incorporating the white chocolate chips and mix again.
- Pour your preparation into the brownie tin and bake for about 25-30 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely before unmoulding your blondie.