How to make the best white chocolate brownies with this easy and delicious recipe. It's ultra flavorful and very indulgent with its fudgy, buttery texture that no blondies and white chocolate lover can resist.
Why you'll love this recipe
In a few words, white chocolate brownies or more precisely blondies is simply the white chocolate version of the much-loved classic chocolate brownie recipe.
So basically the white chocolate blondies which can also be called blonde brownies or white chocolate brownies is an incredible recipe of fudgy, rich chocolate brownies but in a white chocolate version.
The only thing that separates it from real chocolate brownies is the cocoa powder which is not found in this recipe for blondies, instead, we use a rich cake base made with butter, brown sugar, eggs, and flour, to which we add white chocolate chips.
But like all classic brownie recipes, this version of white chocolate brownies is just amazing in both the white chocolate flavor and its chewy texture that we love to find in blondies recipes.
What's the difference between brownies and blondies?
As you can see, the only thing that separates the brownies from the blondies is the lack of unsweetened cocoa powder in the latter.
The same ingredients are used in both recipes, but the blondies have a different color, which is why they are called white chocolate brownies.
Like brownies, they can be made fudgy, chewy or cakey, depending on the ratio of fatty and dry ingredients, and they can be flavored with all sorts of treats.
In the regular recipe, we use white chocolate chips, or semi-sweet chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or spices like cinnamon ground, Nutella spread or peanut butter.
*You will find the quantities and complete instructions in the recipe card at the end of the page.
- Butter: Use unsalted butter instead of salted butter to control the addition of salt, you can also make the recipe using brown butter which will bring a nutty flavor.
- Sugar: A mixture of granulated white sugar and flavored sugar essential to flavor this recipe like brown sugar, light brown sugar or other whole sugar.
- Egg: Use large eggs and especially at room temperature, take them out in advance or leave them for a few minutes in a bowl of hot water.
- Flour: Use all-purpose flour that you can easily replace with another flour of your choice or gluten-free flour. Be careful to measure the quantity with an electronic scale because the quantity of flour plays an important role in the consistency of the blondies.
- Vanilla and salt: Use pure vanilla extract to flavor the recipe and fleur de sel or table salt to bring out all the flavors.
- Baking powder: It is optional, the baking powder brings a softer texture, you can replace it by baking soda but be careful with the quantities because it is 4 times more powerful, you can also make the recipe without it.
- Chocolate chip: White chocolate brings a denser, more flavorful texture to the brownies and since they don't melt completely it gives a slightly crunchy texture. Use white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate bars, you can replace them with dark chocolate chips, butterscotch chips or milk chocolate chips.
How to make White chocolate brownies
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C and line a square pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, flour, baking powder and salt and sift together.
- In a large bowl, place the melted unsalted butter with the granulated sugar and brown sugar and mix with an electric mixer for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix again with an electric mixer to incorporate them.
- Finish with the flour mixture and mix this time with a spatula to incorporate them gently.
- Add ⅓ of the chocolate chips and mix again to incorporate them.
- Pour the blondie batter into the prepared pan and smooth the surface.
- Add the remaining white chocolate chips to the top of the blondies.
- And bake for about 25 to 30 minutes until light golden brown.
- Allow the white chocolate brownies to cool completely in the pan before covering them with plastic wrap and placing in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Carefully unmold the brownies and cut into 16 equal pieces with a large knife.
- Enjoy the blondies on their own or serve with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream or a red fruit coulis.
Storage and Freeze
Room temperature: Store blondies at room temperature for 5 days in an airtight container box.
How to freeze blondies? When the blondies are completely cooled, place them whole or cut into pieces in storage bags and keep them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Defrost instructions: Let it defrost overnight at room temperature or use the defrost function of your microwave directly.
Best Tips For this Recipe
Line the pan: This is the best way to avoid small problems when unmolding, simply use baking paper to line the bottom of the square pan only.
Use room temperature ingredients: To have a homogeneous brownies batter there is no secret the ingredients must have the same temperature, so take the time to take the ingredients out of the fridge.
Do not over-mix: Especially after adding dry ingredients like flour to keep the texture fudgy. Use an electric mixer for the wet ingredients and a spatula to incorporate the dry ones.
Be careful not to overcook: Overcooked cake = overdried cake and this is especially true for brownies and blondies which should still be slightly soft when taken out of the oven, they will firm up as they cool.
Cutting tip: Do not remove your brownies from the pan after baking and let them harden in the fridge for 1 hour to make them easier to cut into neat pieces.
- Nuts: Add chopped nuts for extra crunch and one for a more greedy recipe like almonds, hazelnuts, macadamias, or pecans
- Spice: ground cinnamon, pumpkin pie spices mix, or gingerbread spices for flavorful blondies.
- Topping: Swirl Nutella spread on top, or peanut butter, almond butter, or lotus biscoff spread.
- Cookies: Crushed cookies, like oreo cookies, biscoff cookies, graham crackers and more.
Mores White Chocolate Recipes
- Chocolate Marble Brownies
- Oreo brownies
- Chocolate chip brownies
- Peanut butter brownies
- Walnut brownies
- Cookies brownies
- Cosmic brownies
- Biscoff Brownies
Did you make this recipe?
Remember to drop a ⭐️ 5-star rating 🙏 and share your thoughts in the comments! Stay updated with more delicious recipes by following @sweetlycakes on Instagram. If you whip up this recipe, make sure to tag me – I'd love to see your creation! 😊!Print