Best hazelnut chocolate loaf cake recipe, a delicious and soft moist chocolate bread made with almond meal and crunchy hazelnut.
Very easy to prepare and bake, it keeps its soft texture for a very long time, a great dessert cake for a family time or anityme cake !
It's a super easy loaf cake recipe, it's very soft and moist, with a rich chocolate flavor, also with crushed hazelnuts and above all low in sugar!
You can make this cake for any occasion, since it has a long shelf life and it's a great snack to take anywhere. And children love this kind of cake perfect for a snack !
Chocolate loaf cake
This chocolate loaf cake is a travel cake that can be kept for a very long time at room temperature. It is a delicious chocolate cake, very soft and crunchy at the same time because it also contains crushed hazelnuts.
Rich in chocolate flavor
Prepared with melted dark chocolate and unsweetened cocoa powder, for a rich chocolate flavor. It also contains almond meal, which you can replace with hazelnut meal which gives it a dense but not too heavy texture.
Less in sugar
Also it is sweetened with a mixture of honey and powdered sugar, which I reduced to have a cake less loaded with sugar.
For an even more chocolate, you can add semi sweet chocolate chips in the cake batter and in the top of the loaf cake and also serve it with a dark chocolate glaze.
Why choose the chocolate loaf cake
- Very easy to make and bake.
- Delicious, soft and light texture.
- low in sugar !
- Rich in chocolate flavour, with chocolate and cocoa powder.
- Perfect for anytime cake !
Useful tools to make this chocolate loaf cake
- Loaf cake pan 10 inch / 25 cm, for baking the loaf cake.
- Cake realease spray, or parchment paper for easier removal of the cake from the mould, you can also grease and flour your pan.
- Electric mixer but you can also use a stand mixer to make this preparation.
- Wire rack, usefool to let the cake cool down.
- Heavy cream, with 30% fat at room temperature.
- Eggs, always at room temperature for an homogeneous cake batter.
- Powdered Sugar, which you can replace with a whole sugar, such as cane sugar or coconut sugar.
- Honey, perfume and sugar deliciously this cake.
- Dark chocolate with 70% cocoa butter, which you can easily replace with semi sweet chocolate if you don't have any.
- All purpose Cake flour
- Baking powder, to make the cake rise and have a soft texture.
- Almond meal, which you can replace with hazelnut meal for a richer taste of hazelnuts.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Butter, unsalted and melted and cooled down a bit
- Hazelnuts, peeled and crushed.
How to make hazelnut chocolate loaf cake
- Heat the honey and heavy cream, placing them in a saucepan over low heat until they simmer.
- Melt the dark chocolate, placing it in the saucepan with the honey and cream.
- Beat the eggs and sugar in a large bowl with an electric whisk for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Stir in the liquid mixture of honey, cream and melted chocolate and mix with a hand whisk.
- Add the other ingredients, flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, almond meal, baking powder and melted butter.
- Mix with a whisk until a smooth, homogeneous chocolate cake batter is obtained.
- Add ¾ of the crushed hazelnuts to the chocolate cake batter and mix again.
- Pour into the loaf cake pan lined with parchment paper or grease and flour your pan.
- Sprinkle crushed hazelnuts on top of the chocolate cake batter.
- Bake the cake in a preheated oven for the time indicated.
- Allow the cake to cool for a few minutes before unmoulding and allow to cool completely on a cake rack.
How to store this chocolate loaf cake
This soft chocolate cake can be kept for a very long time at room temperature. To keep its softness and prevent it from drying out, wrap it in cling film and place in a preservation box with an airtight lid.
You can also slice it apart and place it in freezer bags and keep it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
For a more indulgent Chocolate loaf cake
For a tastier cake, you can serve it with one of these frosting recipe :
- Darl chocolate glaze,
- Vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream
More loaf cake recipes
- Moist banana bread recipe
- Chocolate chip banana bread
- Double chocolate banana bread
- Chocolate banana muffins
- Banana walnut bread
- Carrot bread with cream cheese icing
Don't forget to tag me @sweetlycakes on Instagram if you make this chocolate hazelnut cake recipe and to add a link to my recipe if you share it on your blog 😉Print