How to make the perfect banana bread 🍌 !This recipe is quick and easy to make with simple ingredients and is one of the best recipes to make that you have a little overripe bananas.
Classic Banana bread recipe
If you love banana then you must have banana bread recipes in your favorites. This banana bread is very popular in the world and not only because it is an ingenious recipe, but also for its irresistible taste and flavor.
Whenever we have overripe bananas at home, it's always a good opportunity to make a dessert with them! Like in my chocolate chip banana bread recipe 🍫 this cake is ultra moist and the banana gives it that tender texture and delicious flavor 🍌.
Plus it's an ultra simple and quick recipe to make, no need to run the electric mixer you'll only need a large bowl and a whisk 😉.
Ingredients to make a simple banana bread
- Banana: Ripe bananas, for this recipe you will need 2 bananas but you can add a third for an even more tender texture.
- Flour: all purpose flour that you can replace with whole wheat or gluten free flour.
- Baking soda: or baking powder.
- Butter: Unsalted, soft butter that has been melted so that it blends in well with the ingredients.
- Granulated sugar: or a flavored sugar such as brown sugar.
- Eggs: at room temperature.
- Salt and vanilla extract : to bring out all the flavours.
- Nuts: a mix of chopped walnuts, kernels, pecans, almonds etc for a crunchy nut version.
- Peanut butter: about 2 tablespoons and adjust the amount of butter.
- Cinnamon: 1 teaspoon to flavor the cake.
- Dried fruits: raisins.
- Chocolate : cocoa powder or chocolate chips
While it is best to use ripe bananas for their texture and flavour, you can also help them ripen a little faster by following these directions:
In the oven: Heat your bananas in the oven at 248°F / 120°C for about 20 minutes.
In a bag: If you usually keep your bananas in the fridge, then take them out and place them in a plastic bag after a day they will ripen faster.
How to make banana bread
With this recipe you will have a 10 inch / 25 cm long banana bread
- Preheat the oven and line or grease your loaf pan.
- Mashed the bananas with a fork.
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients together (flour, baking soda and salt)
- In another bowl, mix together the melted butter, powdered sugar and mashed bananas.
- Add eggs one by one and vanilla and mix until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the dry ingredients with a spatula and pour the mixture into your cake pan.
- Bake in the oven for the time indicated in the recipe sheet (be careful not to overcook) then let it cool a little before unmolding it.
Storage and Freeze
Do banana bread have to be refrigerated ?
No, the banana cake can be kept at room temperature for about 3-4 days. Or in the refrigerator for about 1 week.
How to freeze banana bread
Cut your cake into pieces and put them in a storage box, you can keep them in the freezer for a very long time up to 3 months. Let them return to room temperature.
Tips to make a super moist banana bread
- Use room temperature ingredients.
- Gently mix the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients without over-mixing.
- Be careful not to overcook, test with a toothpick to make sure the cake is soft and moist.
- Wrap your cake in cling film or a tea towel to prevent it from drying out.
- Chocolate chip banana bread
- Banana oatmeal muffins
- Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- Chocolate banana bread
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print