This classic dessert that pleases everyone and every occasion is apple pie, on a thin and puff pastry.
A rustic version of the classic French apple tart, with a puff pastry base, apple sauce filling and thin slices of apples.
No mold for this dessert, so no dough to darken, making it a very easy and quick dessert to prepare.
I make homemade puff pastry the day before, which takes me a little longer, but you can take a puff pastry commercially.
How to make apple puff pastry pie?
For this recipe, you can use a commercially rolled puff pastry.
Or make your homemade puff pastry. (you'll see the difference with the trade, fresher, crisper and much more developed puff pastry)
To make a homemade puff pastry (1 to 2 days before), then make my recipe by following the instructions in this article: French king's cake - Galette des rois.
Then, using a rolling pin, spread the puff pastry about 3 mm thick.
And using a tart circle, cut a large round 25 cm in diameter.
Then place your dough round on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
And place a good layer of applesauce on the whole bottom of the dough leaving a small ledge.
Finally, cut thin slices of apples and place them on your dough.
Finish by sprinkling a little cane sugar on your pie and bake the dough until golden.
Cool the apple puff pastry and enjoy it with a little vanilla ice cream.
Stop Motion video of the apple puff pastry pie
Puff pastry apple tart
- 1 Puff pastry
- 4 tbsp Apple sauce
- 3 apple
- 1 tbsp cane sugar
- Preheat your oven to 356°F / 180°C.
- Spread your puff pastry on a thickness of 3 mm (for a home-made puff pastry follow my recipe: home-made puff pastry) and cut out a circle of about 25 cm in diameter.
- Place your circle of dough on your baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Then spread a layer of applesauce over the entire surface, leaving a small rim of bare dough.
- Cut the apples into thin slices and arrange them on your pie crust.
- Sprinkle the top of your pie with cane sugar and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the dough is cooked and golden brown.