How to make the most delicious and quickest puff pastry apple tart recipe as delicious as my apple galette recipe. Perfect fall dessert, very easy to make at home, a crisp puff pastry, applesauce and delicious thin slices of apples. easy
If you love apples and especially apple tarts then you absolutely must try this ultra-easy and quick favorite fall recipe of Puff Pastry Apple Tart.
It's everything we love about apple tart in an old-fashioned and quick way with only 3 preparations, a super crispy puff pastry to change from shortcrust pastry, apple sauce, and thin slices of apple.
And for the braver, you can follow my great recipe for homemade puff pastry which has so much more flavor than the store-bought puff pastry one, as well as the cinnamon applesauce which is also a very quick preparation.
This recipe can be made so quickly to impress your last-minute guests, served on a plate with vanilla ice cream and salted butter caramel which is essential in all recipes with baked apples.
Composition of this recipe
The puff pastry is like you feel it, if you are comfortable then I encourage you to make the recipe, moreover, it freezes easily but especially the homemade flavor is incomparable to the store-bought puff pastry.
To be honest, I used ready-made applesauce from the store, the one my children had and without added sugar. But the recipe for homemade compote is so simple that I can't encourage you to make it yourself.
The apples are simply cooked in a saucepan with or without added sugar, a bit of lemon juice for preservation and of course a bit of cinnamon to flavor it.
And to finish the apple filling, thinly sliced apples of the variety of your choices, such as golden, pink gala, or granny smith.
They must be ripe with juicy and sweet flesh perfect in desserts with cooking. This tart can be made with other fresh fruits such as strawberries, pears, apricot etc. if you like them cooked.
You will find the quantities and complete instructions in the recipe card at the end of the page.
How to make Apple puff pastry galette
Roll out the pastry sheet
- Set up a baking sheet with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet into a large rectangle to a thickness of 3 mm and cut straight edges with a pizza wheel.
- Place a layer of applesauce in the center, leaving a small border of dough.
- Cut the apples into quarters, remove the center, then cut into thin slices.
- Decorate the top of the tart with apple slices (with or without the skin).
- Sprinkle brown sugar over the top of the tart.
Tip: For a nice-looking tart, you can arrange your apples in a row, alternating the direction of the apples each time.
- Preheat oven to 357°F / 180°C.
- Place your apple tart in the oven and bake for about 30 - 35 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the apples are well softened.
- Let your apple tart cool completely and serve with a bit of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of salted caramel sauce.
Tip: The tart is done when the edges are golden brown and crisp and the apples are melting.
Tip for a glossy tart
- Make sugar syrup by mixing equal amounts of water and granulated sugar in a saucepan and heat over medium heat for about 5 minutes until syrupy.
- Apply this sugar syrup to the top of tart with a pastry brush on the apple slices and the edges of the tart.
Storage and freezing
In the fridge: This puff pastry apple tart is best stored at room temperature for 3 to 4 days under plastic wrap.
In the freezer: You can also freeze it up to 3 months, when it is completely cooled place it in a conservation box and keep it in the freezer.
To thaw, simply let it resume gently in the freezer overnight.
More apple desserts
- Soft Apple cake
- Apple Galette des rois
- American Apple Pie
- Dutch apple pie
- French apple tart (Tarte Normande)
More tart recipe
- Strawberry tart
- Strawberry galette
- Rhubarb almond tart
- Almond pear galette
- Salted caramel chocolate tart
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print