How to make healthy banana oatmeal muffins recipe moist and delicious with nuts. This recipe is quick and easy to make at home, made with healthful ingredients and whole grain flour.
If you are looking for a complete and delicious snack or breakfast, these muffins are perfect and easy to take with you anywhere.
If you like healthy recipes then you must try this recipe of healthy banana oatmeal muffins whit nuts because they are so amazing
This is the perfect recipe, these muffins are quick and easy to make at home and they are made with natural and healthy ingredients.
This healthy recipe is made using ripe banana which replaces part of the fat, adds softness, flavour and natural sweetness to these little treats.
Also made with wholemeal flour and rolled oats, rich in fiber, perfect for a good transit. And naturally sweetened with maple syrup that you can also replace with honey.
Just add a few walnuts for crunch, a few pieces of dark chocolate and a pinch of cinnamon spice and you have the perfect breakfast to go.
Use ripe bananas for your muffins
Did you know that you can use overripe bananas in cake recipes? The banana adds moisture, which results in a moist texture with a delicious banana flavor.
It is used quite often in cake and bread recipes such as the famous chocolate chip banana bread where the banana gives an ultra moist crumb.
And if you're not a fan of baked bananas, believe me, there's only a hint of banana in this recipe. The composition of these healthy banana muffins makes them a healthy and digestive recipe with a delicious sweet bread taste.
Pair your banana oat muffins with a little honey or spread with some homemade peanut butter, it's so delicious!
Ingredients to make healthy muffins
- Whole wheat flour: A whole or semi-whole wheat flour that you can replace with all purpose flour or even with a gluten free flour.
- Rolled Oat : Take organic wholemeal oat flakes like old fashioned rolled oats.
- Leavening agents: Baking soda and baking powder, you can use only baking powder.
- Bananas: Preferably use ripe bananas.
- Natural sugar: Preferably use a natural liquid sugar such as maple syrup or honey.
- Eggs: at room temperature.
- Buttermilk: You can replace it with plain yogurt or greek yogurt.
- Vegetable oil: Grape seed oil can be replaced by coconut oil or sunflower oil.
- Walnut kernels: Crushed walnuts that you can replace with other nuts such as pecans, almonds or hazelnuts.
- Vanilla: Liquid extract to flavor the recipe.
You will find the quantities and instructions in the recipe card further down on this page.
- Cinnamon ground: optional for flavoring banana oat muffins.
- Chocolate Chips: Use mini chocolate chips to make this banana muffins with chocolate chips.
- Cocoa powder : replace one third of the flour with unsweetened cocoa powder for a chocolate version.
How to make Banana Oatmeal muffins
Mash the bananas
- Remove the skin from the bananas and cut them into chunks and place in a medium bowl or plate.
- Then mash them with a fork or use a puree masher until you get a banana puree with some pieces left.
Tip: If your bananas are not ripe enough you can put them in the oven or microwave for a few moments to soften and mash them more easily.
Mix the wet ingredients
- Place vegetable oil, natural sugar (maple syrup or honey), eggs, vanilla extract and buttermilk in a large bowl.
- Mix with an electric mixer or hand whisk for about 1 to 2 minutes until smooth.
- Add the mashed bananas and mix again with an electric mixer to incorporate them.
Tip: Use room temperature ingredients for a smooth texture and moist muffins.
Add the dry ingredients
- Then add the dry ingredients, wholemeal flour, oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda and crushed walnut kernels.
- Mix gently with a soft spatula to incorporate these ingredients and until smooth.
Tip: Don't overmix after adding the dry ingredients, just enough to make a smooth batter.
Baking banana oatmeal muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C and prepare standard-size muffin cups with paper liners.
- Fill each paper cup with the muffin batter, filling them completely to make large muffins with a nice bump.
- Sprinkle the top with oatmeal.
- Bake for about 15 to 18 minutes until golden brown and puffy on top.
- Let the muffins cool slightly before removing from the muffin tin.
Tip: Use an ice cream scoop to fill the cups more easily and to properly measure the amount of dough.
How to Store your Banana Oatmeal Muffin
- Room temperature: Place your banana muffins in a storage box with a lid to protect from moisture for about 5 days.
- In the freezer: You can keep your banana oat Muffins in the freezer for a long time. When they are cooked and cooled, place them in storage bags and freeze for up to 3 months.
Defrosting: Let them come out of the freezer slowly or put them in the microwave for a few seconds using the defrost function.
More muffins recipes
- Banana bread muffins
- Double chocolate banana muffins
- Bakery style chocolate chips muffins
- Blueberry streusel muffins
- Lemon muffins with lemon glaze
- Lemon poppy seed muffins
- Double chocolate chip muffins
- Pumpkin streusel muffins
More banana recipes
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print