Banana oatmeal muffins, a quick and easy healthy recipe, ripe bananas, oatmeal and walnuts a perfect combo for breakfast !
Healthy banana muffins
Banana muffins are a healthy recipe, made with ripe bananas, oatmeal and a whole flour.
Also a few nuts for crunchiness and very little sugar because the banana already sweetens these muffins very well.
Recipe with ripe bananas
It's a great recipe to recover your ripe bananas, like my recipe for chocolate chip banana bread.
These muffins are super light and digestible, they are perfect for breakfast or for a little crackling at 4pm.
My materials and ingredients to make this recipe
- Cupcakes/Muffins pan
- Cupcake baking cups
- Organic oatmeal
- Cane sugar, whole sugar or other unrefined sugar
- Whole flour
How to make healthy banana muffins
- Start by lining a cupcakes pan with cupcakes baking cups.
- Then in a bowl, whisk the eggs and cane sugar together and stir in the crushed ripe bananas, vegetable oil and liquid vanilla extract.
- And in another bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, whole flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Finally, add the dry ingredients to the first mixture and mix gently until a smooth, homogeneous dough is obtained.
- Finish by incorporating the crushed nuts.
- Then, pour the dough into the cupcake baking cups, fill to ¾ because the muffins will swell.
- Also, sprinkle the top with some oat flakes and walnuts.
- And bake in the oven for the time indicated, let your banana muffins cool before unmoulding.
How to Store Banana Muffins
To preserve the muffins, place them in a box with an airtight lid and you can keep them for up to 5 days.
If you prefer them cold then keep them in the fridge, or keep them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Other muffin recipes
Oatmeal banana muffins
- 190 g whole flour
- 60 g oatmeal
- 2 bananas - ripe and crushed
- 2 eggs
- 80 g whole sugar
- 75 g vegetable oil - grape seed oil
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp liquid vanilla extract
- Crushed nuts
- Preheat your oven to 392°F / 200°C and place cupcake trays in your muffin tin.
- In a bowl, place the eggs and sugar and whisk together.
- Then add the crushed bananas, oil and vanilla.
- In another bowl, mix together the whole flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Then add these ingredients to the first mixture and mix gently with a wooden spoon.
- Incorporate the crushed nuts and mix again.
- Pour the dough into each cavity, sprinkle with oats and walnuts and bake in the oven for about 13-15 minutes.
- Let your muffins cool a little before unmolding.