Easy recipe for Banana Oat Muffins with walnuts, whole wheat flour, and natural sugar. For about 15 muffins.
- 240 g (2 cups) wholemeal flour - or all purpose flour
- 50 g (1/3 cup) rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon ground - optional
- 1 pinch Salt
- 3 Bananas, mashed - about 320 - 350 g
- 2 Eggs - room temperature
- 70 g (1/3 cup) Vegetable oil - grape seed oil
- 120 g (1/2 cup) buttermilk - or 1 plain yoghurt
- 100 g (1 cup) crushed walnut kernels
- 90 ml (1/3 cup) natural liquid sugar - maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon of liquid vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C and prepare a cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Place the bananas in a bowl and crush them with a fork until you have mashed banana.
- Place the vegetable oil, liquid sugar, eggs, vanilla and buttermilk in a large bowl and mix with an electric mixer for 1 - 2 minutes until smooth.
- Add the mashed bananas and mix again to incorporate them.
- Finish by adding the dry ingredients, wholemeal flour, oatmeal, baking soda and baking powder, salt and walnut kernels.
- And mix with a soft spatula gently to incorporate them and until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Fill the whole muffin cups with the muffin batter using an ice cream scoop or a tablespoon.
- Sprinkle some oatmeal on top and bake for 15 to 18 minutes until the muffins are golden brown on top. (Do not open the oven door while baking and check that the muffins are cooked through by sticking a knife or toothpick into the center and it should come out clean).
- Let your banana muffins cool a bit before eating them.
Storage: 5 days at room temperature in a storage box or up to 3 months in the freezer.
Option : Add mini chocolate chips with the flour mixture
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: muffins, cake, breakfast
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 222
- Sugar: 12
- Sodium: 151
- Fat: 10
- Saturated Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 31
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 36
Keywords: banana oatmeal muffins, healthy banana muffins,