Best moist and delicious chocolate chip banana bread recipe ever! This banana bread recipe is super easy and quick to make, made with 3 bananas that give it that incredibly moist texture, banana flavor, and all those chocolate chips inside that you just loved this recipe.
You must already know the famous banana bread recipes ? And although it is absolutely delicious, I also find that it lacks a few things, such as a dose of chocolate chips that give it even more flavor and taste!
And what we like even more about this recipe is that it is super practical, so if like me you often have ripe bananas at home, this is a good opportunity to make this great recipe!
Best chocolate chip banana bread
Yes, some people still don't know this fabulous banana bread! In fact, it's simply the version of my best banana bread recipe, but with more flavor. The texture is incredibly soft and moist and the chocolate chips make all the difference.
The banana bread comes from the United States, it's a very ingenious and easy to make recipe that allowed at the time to use overripe bananas in a homemade cake.
But the good news is that today you don't have to wait until the bananas are too ripe to enjoy this great cake.
Why choose this banana bread with chocolate chip
Here are a few reasons why you shouldn't resist this chocolate chip banana bred, it's so incredible and ingenious! And certainly, you will not be the only one to crave it in your family, this cake is perfect for all occasions, you can eat it for breakfast or for special occasions.
- On bowl chocolate chip banana cake! Even kids can make it and it's a good opportunity for them to get their hands in the kitchen. It requires only one mixing bowl and it's a super easy and fast recipe.
- Perfect texture! A perfect texture moist and soft at the same time, this cake remains light and full of flavor.
- Useful recipe! Perfect for the too ripe bananas that nobody wants to eat, it is a good opportunity to reuse them rather than to throw them.
- Chocolate chips! They give an extra crunchy and chocolatey texture that we can only love in this cake.
But before we get into the preparation of the recipe let's see the ingredients that make up this banana and chocolate chip cake recipe.
- Bananas : Main ingredient this recipe requires only 2 mashed bananas and it is not necessary that they are super ripe but avoid using unripe bananas. The banana brings a delicious flavor to this cake, in addition to naturally sweetening it and contributing to its moist and soft texture.
- Butter : In addition to the fat added by the banana and buttermilk, I add a little fat with unsalted butter to balance the recipe and get a moist bread. I don't advise using melted butter, but rather well softened butter.
- Sugar : Use the sugar of your choice, you can make a mixture of granulated sugar and brown sugar which brings an extra flavor. Since the banana already sweetens the cake a lot, the sugar has been reduced a bit in this recipe.
- Eggs : Use eggs at room temperature to obtain a homogeneous batter.
- Buttermilk : Its high acidity content helps balance the taste and adds softness and lightness to the cake. Buttermilk can be replaced by milk, sour cream or plain yogurt like Greek yogurt.
- Flour: all purpose flour, which can be easy replaced by a gluten-free flour like oat flour, rice flour.
- Baking powder : Baking powder helps the cake to rise during baking and gives a soft texture to the cake.
- Salt : Add a small pinch of salt which is a flavor booster that brings out all the flavors in this banana cake.
- Vanilla extract : Use pure liquid vanilla extract in this recipe, it adds an extra delicate flavor.
- Chocolate chips : You can add semi-sweet mini chocolate chips, or make chunks with baking chocolate. You can also try my homemade chocolate chip recipe.
How to make the best chocolate chip banana bread
- Place banana chunks in a bowl and mash with a fork or use instead a blender to mix the banana.
- Place softened butter, powdered white sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl and mix with an electric mixer for about 2-3 minutes until smooth.
- Add eggs, vanilla and buttermilk and blend again with an electric mixer.
- Finish by stirring in the mashed banana and mix again for a few moments.
Add the dry ingredients
- Add dry ingredients, flour, baking soda and salt.
- Then add the ¾ of chocolate chips.
- Mix with a wooden spoon or spatula to incorporate the dry ingredients into the mixture and blend until smooth and still a little thick.
Tip: Be careful not to mix too long, nor use the electric mixer after adding the dry ingredients.
Bake the banana bread
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C and grease a 9 -10 inch / 25 cm loaf pan with butter or line it with baking paper.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top with a spoon or spatula.
- Sprinkle lots of small chocolate chips on top.
- And bake for 50- 60 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool completely in the loaf pan before removing the banana bread from the pan.
- Cut the banana bread into slices and enjoy!
Tip: Check the cake for doneness by toothpick inserted into the center and it should comes out clean.
Store and freeze Banana bread
To keep the banana cake soft and moist, cover it with cling film and place it in the fridge or at room temperature. And you can keep it for up to 3 to 5 days.
In the freezer
Freezing banana bread is easy, cut it into slices and place them in conservation bags, you can then keep it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
5 secrets to make a moist banana bread
Some useful information to succeed in the recipe of the best banana bread with a soft and moist texture.
- Use overripe bananas : Use bananas, not necessarily overripe or completely black ones. Ripe bananas are much sweeter and have an even softer texture and are easier to reduce to a puree. (Tip: If you don't have ripe bananas you can put them in the oven at 302°F for a few minutes to soften them or microwave them)
- Room temperature ingredients : For a smooth texture use room temperature ingredients, they will mix better together and your batter will be perfect.
- Buttermilk : Buttermilk is a wonderful ingredient in many cake recipes, such as muffins, cupcakes and layer cakes, and it is even more so here in the banana cake. It helps to balance the taste with its acidity and allows for a light and well soft texture. (Tips: Replace the buttermilk with Greek yogurt.)
- Do not over mix : Avoid over-mixing after adding the flour to keep the texture soft and moist.
- Pay attention to the baking process : Perfect baking will also contribute to the success of your cake. If it is overcooked, it will be too dry in the mouth. To keep its softness and moisture, you will have to pay attention to the cooking time, depending on the power of your oven, and also check the baking with a toothpick that you will stick in the cake's center and that will help you know if the center is cooked enough.
- Oatmeal banana muffins
- Chocolate banana bread
- Chocolate banana muffins
- Best lemon pound cake recipe
- Perfect chewy chocolate chip cookies
- New York style cheesecake recipe
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print