Chocolate chip banana bread is a delicious cake, but is especially perfect for liquidating over-ripe bananas.
What is banana bread
Simply a banana cake, but it is above all a tasty, soft cake with chocolate chips.
Of American origin, the banana bread or rather the banana cake is a super ingenious recipe, because it allows you to recover your over-ripe bananas.
Indeed, the banana in the recipe will bring flavor, sugar and it will bind the ingredients together.
In the end, you get a tasty cake, soft and not at all dry in the mouth. (the banana being well sweetened you can still reduce the amount of sugar).
How to make Chocolate chip banana bread
To start, whisk together the eggs and sugar in a bowl.
Then add the melted butter, crushed banana, vanilla flavouring and milk.
Then continue by adding the dry ingredients, flour, salt, baking powder and chocolate chips.
Mix well until you get a smooth and homogeneous cake dough.
Line a rectangular cake tin about 25 cm long and pour the mixture for the banana cake and chocolate chips inside.
Then cut the banana in half lengthwise and place it on top.
Bake the cake and let it cool completely before removing it from the mould.
The chocolate chip banana bread is much better when cold!
How to Store My Banana Chocolate Chip Cake
Store in a cool place or at room temperature and consume within 3-5 days.
A little bit of sweetness on your banana cake by adding a small layer of peanut butter or chocolate spread.
A bit of crunch in the dough by adding walnut kernels, almonds or crushed hazelnuts.
Chocolate chip banana bread
- 220 g Flour
- 100 g cane sugar
- 100 g melted butter
- 2 banana rip
- 2 egg
- 50 g milk
- 8 g baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 g chocolate chip
- Preheat your oven to 356°F/180°C and line a cake tin with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, then add a crushed banana, melted butter and milk.
- Then add the dry ingredients, flour, salt and baking powder and mix well until you get a homogeneous dough.
- Finish by adding the chocolate chips.
- Pour the dough into the cake tin.
- Cut a banana lengthwise and place the two halves on top of the cake mix.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, plunge a knife into the center of the cake to check the baking.