The Best chocolate chip banana bread recipe, or the famous Banana bread! A super moist cake, made with ripe bananas and full of chocolate chips!
This cake is a crazy soft cake, with only 2 bananas. Also it is low in sugar but it is above all a super easy cake to make for a snack or breakfast.
You must surely know this very popular Banana Bread ? Or are you still looking for the best banana bread recipe, super soft, moist and light, for a change from dry cakes!
Then you're bound to love this banana bread recipe, super easy to make and with a good dose of chocolate chips.
What is banana bread
Yes I ask because some people don't know it yet ! The banana bread it's simply a cake made with mashed bananas, a moist and tasty recipe with more chocolate chips here.
Of American origin, the banana bread is a super ingenious recipe, because it allows you to recover your overripe bananas.
And yes no more need to throw away your over-ripe bananas, you can now get them back for this super moist cake recipe.
Indeed, the banana in the recipe will bring flavor, sugar and it will bind the ingredients together.
In the end, you get a tasty cake, soft and not at all dry in the mouth. (the banana being well sweetened you can still reduce the amount of sugar).
Why choose this best chocolate chip banana bread
- Perfect moist cake ! Not at all dry in the mouth!
- Perfect for ripe bananas ! (And we all know the problem of bananas that ripen too fast).
- Full of dark chocolate chips!
Useful tools for this recipe
- Ripe bananas are the whole principle of banana bread to use bananas at the end of their life :-), the banana perfumes the cake, binds the ingredients together and naturally sweetens the cake.
- Chocolate chips, or chocolate chunks, large pieces of chocolate cut from a bar of dark chocolate pastry.
- Unrefined sugar, brown sugar, cane sugar, or other whole sugar.
- Buttermilk, its high acidity content helps to balance the taste and brings lightness and softness to the cake.
- Eggs at room temperature.
- Baking powder to swell the cake a little and give it an airy texture.
- A pinch of salt, always to enhance the taste!
- Pure vanilla extract, to flavor the cake, even if the banana already perfumes it a lot!
How to make Chocolate chip banana bread
- Line your cake loaf - Begin by preheating the oven and line a loaf cake pan with parchment paper or with a cake release spray.
- Then whisk together in a bowl the eggs and sugar.
- And add the melted butter, mashed banana, vanilla flavouring and milk.
- Then continue by adding the dry ingredients, flour, salt, baking powder and dark chocolate chips. (or cut a bar of chocolate into small pieces).
- And mix with a whisk until you get a smooth and homogeneous cake dough.
- Finally pour the cake dough into your 10 inch loaf cake pan.
- Then cut the banana in half lengthwise and place it on top.
- Bake the banana bread - Finish by baking the cake and let it cool completely before removing it from the pan.
The chocolate chip banana bread is much better when cold!
How to Store the Banana bread
To keep the banana cake soft and moist, cover it with cling film and place it in the fridge or at room temperature.
And you can keep it for up to 3 to 5 days.
Or, cut it into slices and place them in conservation bags, you can then keep your cake in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How to make a successful banana bread
Some useful information to succeed in the recipe of the banana bread with a soft and moist texture.
- Use overripe bananas, it's the key to make this cake a success, if you don't have ripe bananas, you can put fresh bananas in the oven at 150°C for a few minutes to soften them or in the microwave.
- Buttermilk, or yoghurt for a lighter and softer cake. The acidity of the fermented milk will balance the taste of the ingredients and make it tastier.
- A soft, unsalted and melted butter for a homogeneous texture.
- Eggs at room temperature, so that they blend in better with the other ingredients.
- Use brown sugar, which gives your cake a rich and tasty taste.
- Pay attention to the baking, watch your cake and check the baking with a cake tester, if it is overcooked it will be drier.
More tasty banana cake recipe
If you want to make your cake even more delicious and tasty then here are a few ideas of toppings to add to your preparation:
- Peanut butter,a tablespoon in your preparation, or on toast.
- Chocolate spread
- Unsweetened cocoa powder for a chocolate banana bread.
- Crunchy, by incorporating walnut kernels or other crushed nuts.Walnut,
More recipe with banana
Don't forget to tag me : @sweetlycakes on Instagram if you make my chocolate chip banana bread recipe and add a link to my recipe if you share it on your blog 😉
Chocolate chip banana bread
- 220 g Flour
- 100 g brown sugar
- 100 g melted butter
- 2 banana rip
- 2 egg
- 50 g milk
- 8 g baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 g chocolate chip
- Preheat your oven to 356°F/180°C and line a loaf cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, then add a mashed banana, melted butter and milk.
- Then add the dry ingredients, flour, salt and baking powder and mix well until you get a homogeneous cake batter.
- Finish by adding the chocolate chips.
- Pour the cake batter into the cake pan.
- Cut a banana lengthwise and place the two halves on top of the cake mix.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, plunge a knife into the center of the cake to check the baking.