Almond Baked Donuts with Maple Syrup Glaze Recipe ! A quick and super easy way to satisfy a donut craving without going through the long process of making the original fried donuts.
You have a craving for homemade dounuts but you're too lazy to go through the long process of making the famous doughnuts. Then try this recipe for oven baked donuts! It's an easy recipe but above all quick and delicious.
We all know the donuts, these fried donuts super soft and tasty! Here is its simplified version, the baked donuts, same shape, as good and soft but faster to make.
Actually, there is a difference in the texture, the original is a donut dough while this one is more like a soft cookie in the shape of a donut.
And baked in a special pan, very practical to create this pretty ring shape that reminds the famous American Doughnut.
The advantage of these baked donuts over the original is the preparation time. In the original recipe, the dough has to rise and there is therefore a certain amount of time to respect.
Also it is a less caloric and more digestible recipe because they are not bathed in oil but simply baked.
And the best part is that you can also decorate these baked donuts with a gourmet glaze! Like chocolate icing, sugar icing or fruit icing.
Useful tools for this recipe
Flour, which you can substitute with a gluten-free flour if you are gluten intolerant.
Granulated sugar, or brown sugar, alos you can use an unrefined sugar such as cane sugar or wholemeal sugar.
Maple syrup, to be used to flavor the cake and also for the donut glaze.
Egg at room temperature;
Baking powder to make the dough rise during baking and a fluffy cake.
Buttermilk or simply use milk or vegetable milk.
- Bitter almond extract, optional to enhance the taste and smell of almonds.
Salt, which is a flavor enhancer, to bring out the flavors of each ingredient.
How to make oven baked donuts
- Preheat oven to 356°F / 180°C and grease a special oven donut pan with butter or grease spray.
- Whisk together powdered sugar and the wet ingredients, vegetable oil, maple syrup, fermented milk, egg and almond and vanilla extracts.
- Add dry ingredients, flour, almond powder, baking powder and salt and gently whisk to combine until cake batter is smooth.
- Pour the donuts batter into the special donut pan, making sure to fill each cavity ¾ full because the dough will puff up.
- Bake the donuts in the oven for the time indicated in the recipe.
- Let cool for a few minutes before removing from the pan and cooling completely on a cake rack.
Maple Syrup Glaze
- Whisk together confectioners' sugar and maple syrup in a bowl as large as the doughnuts until the glaze is smooth, not too runny or compact.
- Dip donuts into glaze mixture and let stand on a cake rack.
How to store donuts
Donuts can be stored easily at room temperature, preferably in a storage box for 1 week.
Also place in freezer storage bags for up to 3 months.
Don't forget to tag @sweetlycakes on Instagram if you make my Baked Donuts recipe and add a link to my recipe if you share it on your blog 😉
Baked donuts recipe with maple syrup glaze
- 80 g Sugar
- 180 g buttermilk
- 75 g Vegetable oil - Grape seed oil
- 1 egg
- 190 g Flour
- 50 g Almond meal
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ½ tsp Almond extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat your oven to 356°F / 180°C and grease the donuts pan with butter or grease spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together the sugar, oil, buttermilk, egg, liquid vanilla, almond extract and maple syrup until smooth.
- Then add the dry ingredients, flour, almond meal, baking powder and salt and mix gently until smooth.
- Pour your mixture into each cavity of your donut pan and bake for about 15 minutes.
- In a bowl place the confectioner's sugar, pour in the other ingredients and whisk together until you have a slightly thick but not too runny glaze.
- Dip each donut into the glaze and then place on a wire rack to let the glaze drip off and sprinkle with crushed nuts.