The easiest French crepes recipe, the fastest recipe without chilling time for delicious crepes to make for children's snack time or breakfast.
The simply crepes recipe
The French crepes, no need any occasion to make them they are prepared all year round and on all occasions, it is the ideal snack for all children or breakfast.
And it is the easiest and quickest crepes batter recipe to make and especially without any resting time for light and tasty crepes.
This French crepes are a perfect snack!
- Quick, 10 min max to prepare the crepes batter!
- Only 3 main ingredients to make French crepes!
- You can flavour the batter as you like, with orange blossom, chocolate, etc...
- Light crepes batter version by removing the sugar and butter!
- Gourmet version with the filling of your choice (praline, Nutella, jam, ice cream etc...)
- For a snack but also for breakfast or a birthday crepes cake.
Materials to make easy crepes
To make the crepes batter recipe you will need few but essential ingredients that are:
Ingredients notes to make the crepes recipe
Homemade crepes are made with very simple ingredients that we all have in our cupboards.
Main ingredients to make the crepes batter:
- Flour T45 or T55
Other ingredients for a tastier crepes :
- Sugar or vanilla sugar
For tasty crepes recipe
- The first one is obviously "The spread", it's everyone's favorite filling, the greediest choice but not the healthiest, try my recipe for healthy chocolate hazelnut spread.
- The powdered sugar, the white but especially the brown sugar is the best to garnish the crepes.
- The jam, strawberries, raspberries, apricots ...
- Honey, not very common, but some thick crepes such as baghrirs (pancakes with a thousand holes) can be eaten with honey and it is a delight.
- Fresh fruits, yes, but always as a complement to one of the above mentioned toppings.
You can also add praline, whipped cream, ice cream, maple syrup, milk jam, speculoos paste, peanut butter, crushed nuts and the list is still very long....
I always prepare my crepes batter at the last minute, with 4 children at home, leave the rest time and I'm a mom not very organized in the kitchen, so it's always by feeling.
But they are always so successful and delicious!
How to make crepes ?
- Start by pouring the flour, pinch of salt and sugar into a large bowl.
- And make a well in the center to add the eggs.
- Then with a hand whisk, gently mix the eggs first and then gradually incorporate the dry ingredients.
- Then, with one hand, drizzle the milk in the center and with the other hand continue to mix gradually. (to have the least number of lumps in the dough, do not incorporate the milk into the dry ingredients too quickly).
- Finally, add all the milk until you obtain a smooth and homogeneous paste with the texture of a liquid cream. (If the dough is too liquid, I add a little flour and if it is too thick, I add milk).
- Finish by incorporating the melted butter.
Crepes with or without chill
At this stage you have the choice to let your crepes batter rest for 1 hour or if you don't have time you can cook them immediately.
Cooking the crepes
- Use a crepes pan or an electric crepe maker to cook homemade crepes.
- Grease the pan with a little butter and pour a small ladle of batter into the hot pan.
- And cook for about 1 to 2 minutes per side and use a crepes spatula to turn them over easily.
Conservation of the crepes batter
Crepes batter can always be kept in the fridge because it contains eggs, which is a fragile food.
Either in a container with a lid or in a glass bottle with a lid.
You can then keep it for a maximum of 24-48 hours, the best being to use it as soon as possible.
Crepes and pancakes recipes
- 500 ml milk
- 50 g butter - melted
- 250 g Flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Pour the flour, salt and sugar into a large container and make a well in the center.
- Place the eggs in it and using a whisk, start by mixing the center only, then while gradually pouring in the milk continue to mix the batter until you get a smooth, homogeneous crepes batter.
- Then add the melted butter and continue to mix again.
- The dough should have the consistency of a liquid cream, if it seems too thick, add small quantities of milk and if on the contrary it seems too liquid, add a little flour.
- If your dough is grainy, you can use a blender to smooth it out.
- Heat a crepes pan over medium heat, grease your pan with a little butter.
- Place a small ladle of batter in the hot pan.
- Cook the crepes for about 1-2 minutes on each side, until they peel off and start to have a nice golden color.