The recipe of the crepes Suzette without alcohol, soft crepes flavoured with orange and served with a orange butter Suzette sauce.
What are crepes Suzette
A traditional French dessert recipe, composed of a crepes batter and served with a sauce called "orange butter Suzette sauce".
And which is a mixture of caramelized sugar with butter and Grand Marnier liqueur, all flavoured with orange or tangerine.
Also, the crepes are bathed in this butter sauce. They swell and are then gorged with this beautiful thick sauce, which makes them so much more tasty.
A alcohol-free recipe
Indeed, you can consume this recipe of home-made crepes Suzette without moderation because it does not contain alcohol.
And it is a very original and tasty crepes recipe, perfect for candlemas "French chandeleur" or as a dessert for a family meal.
My materials to make this recipe
How to enjoy these crepes
Also, you can serve your pancakes with :
- A homemade whipped cream
- Vanilla ice cream to soften the tangy taste of citrus fruits.
- Caramel with salted butter
- Garnished with pieces of oranges or tangerines.
How to make crepes Suzette
Preparation of the crepes batter
Making my perfect crepes batter recipe is easy, quick and restless for soft and light pancakes :
- Start by placing the flour, sugar, salt and orange zest in a bowl.
- And dig a hole in the center to place the eggs.
- Then, while pouring in a trickle of milk, mix gently with a whisk until you obtain a fluid and homogeneous crepes batter.
- Then use a hand blender to remove any lumps.
- Then, pour a ladle of crepes batter into a hot buttered pancakes pan and cook the pancakes on both sides.
Preparation of the Orange butter Suzette sauce
A caramelized butter sauce and deliciously flavored with orange :
- First of all, pour all the ingredients in a large frying pan, the sugar, orange and lemon juice and zest and butter and heat over medium heat for about ten minutes.
Preparation of the crepes Suzette
And for the preparation of the crepes it is necessary to let the crepes soak in the sauce for a little while so that they absorb the sauce.
- Start by placing a crepe in the pan containing the Suzette butter sauce.
- And let the crepe soak for a few moments in the pan, it will gorge itself with this sauce.
- Then fold the crepe in 4 and place it in a large serving dish.
- Then repeat this last step for all the other crepes.
- Finish by pouring the rest of the Suzette butter sauce over the crepes.
- And decorate with oranges and some zest your crepes which are ready to be eaten hot.
How to Store crepes
Crepes with Suzette butter sauce can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days.
And you can reheat them a little in the microwave to enjoy them hot.
- French crepes
- American pancakes
- Chocolate crepe cake
- Salted caramel sauce
- Cinnamon applesauce
- Brown butter sugar cookies
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print