The skillet chocolate chip cookie, a giant chocolate chip cookie in a pan! A super-greedy recipe to eat with a spoon and share with all lovers of cookies.
This cookie is a perfect recipe for chocolate chip cookies but baked in a skillet.
For an even more gourmet result with its super melting heart, a crisp crust and full of dark chocolate chips.
This chocolate chip cookie is a great dessert to enjoy to many, with a spoon with a good vanilla ice cream.
How to prepare the skillet chocolate chip cookie
Start by melting the butter in the microwave and place it in a container with white powdered sugar and brown sugar.
Whisk the mixture for about 1 to 2 minutes.
Then stir in the egg and continue whisking for 1 minute.
Finally, stir in the dark chocolate chips and mix again gently, just to incorporate them into the cookie dough.
Then place your cookie dough in the fridge for about an hour.
Then grease your cast iron skillet with a grease spray for cake or other fat.
And fill your pan with cookie dough, gently squeeze with the back of a tablespoon.
Add a few dark chocolate chips on top and bake for about 15 to 17 minutes.
Remove it from the oven and let it cool a little before tasting.
Skillet chocolate chip cookie
- 200 g Flour
- 50 g White sugar powered
- 50 g Brown sugar powered
- 1 egg
- 120 g butter - melted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 3 pinch sea salt
- 150 g dark chocolate chunks
- Place the melted butter and the 2 sugars in a large container and beat with a hand whisk for about 1-2 minutes.
- Then add the egg and continue beating for another minute.
- Gradually stir in the dry ingredients, flour, baking soda, salt and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Finish by adding the dark chocolate chunks and mix gently, just enough for the chocolate to cling to the dough.
- Leave the dough to rest for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Preheat your oven to 356°F and grease a cast iron frying pan with a diameter of 20 cm.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and with the help of a spoon pour it into the cast iron pan and with the back of the spoon gently squeeze the dough.
- Add chocolate chips on top and bake in the oven for 15-17 min.
- Let the one pan cookie cool down a bit before tasting it.