How to make homemade peanut butter cups with only 3 ingredients. Known as America's favorite treat, but this is my recipe in a natural and healthy way.
They are very easy to make from scratch, a chocolate covering stuffed with a delicious and irresistible peanut butter heart.
If you don't live in the US, then it's very likely that you don't know peanut butter cups (yet)! Made by Reese's brand, it is one of the favorite treats of all chocolate lovers !
It's also a no-bake recipe and these chocolate candies are incredibly easy to replicate at home and with only 3 ingredients!
The perfect combination of chocolate and peanut butter, in small healthy pieces, made of natural ingredients, chocolate, peanut butter and natural sugar.
Materials and ingredients
To make these little homemade treats, all you need is a cupcake pan or simply paper baking liners.
- Chocolate: Use pastry chocolate with at least 54% and up to 70%. It is also possible to use milk chocolate and white chocolate. Temper your chocolate so that it is firmer and crisp.
- Peanut butter: I only use homemade peanut butter and you will only have to choose the texture more or less smooth or crunchy. The homemade one is more natural and compared to the commercial one, it does not contain any added fat or sugar, so its texture is thicker.
- Natural sugar: Honey, maple syrup for vegan or another liquid sugar of your choice like agave syrup.
- Fleur de sel: This is optional but the little pinch of fleur de sel brings out the full flavor of the chocolate.
How to make the peanut butter cups
- Melt the chocolate: chop the chocolate finely with a knife and place in a container to melt in a double boiler or microwave.
- Fill the cups: Add a small amount of melted chocolate to the bottom of the paper liners about 3 mm.
- Add peanut butter: Fill the center with peanut butter, making sure it stays in the center and does not spread to the edge.
- Cover with chocolate: pour the melted chocolate back in to completely cover the peanut butter.
- Place in the freezer for about 15 minutes and unmold your chocolate candies.
Tip: You can place them in the freezer for 10 minutes to set the first layer of chocolate, especially if you use a filling that has a very smooth texture.
- Chocolate fudge
- Energy balls
- Chocolate chip cookies dough truffles
- Homemade chocolate truffles
- Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- Peanut butter recipe
- Crunchy chocolate granola
- Homemade granola
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print