Make this delicious Strawberry banana peanut butter smoothie recipe as creamy as my banana date smoothie and as sweet as my strawberry banana smoothie recipe perfect to enjoy for breakfast or as a snack during the day.
This strawberry banana peanut butter smoothie is amazingly good, especially if you like the delicious flavor of peanut butter in creamy and fruity smoothie.
Peanut butter is amazing in desserts, and goes well with a lot of flavors, like here with strawberry and banana and especially with chocolate, like this recipe for peanut butter brownies or these homemade peanut butter cups Reese's.
Made with just 4 ingredients, one banana, a must in smoothie recipes like this apple banana smoothie, also with fresh or frozen strawberries, a creamy peanut butter, and milk.
Why we love this recipe
- Super easy and quick to make at home.
- Delicious peanut butter flavor in a fruity smoothie with strawberries and banana.
- Super comforting at any time of day, especially for breakfast or snacks.
Here are the ingredients you'll need and possible substitutions to make this delicious homemade strawberry peanut butter smoothie, scroll down to see the quantities in the recipe card.
- Strawberries: Preferably use frozen strawberries for a creamy, fresh drink, but seasonal fresh strawberries are also perfect.
- Banana: A must-have, bananas add a creamy, smooth texture to the drink. You can also use a frozen banana.
- Peanut butter: A smooth and natural peanut butter with no chunks, you can make it with my homemade peanut butter or take a store-bought one.
- Milk: Your favorite milk, dairy milk, plant-based milk like unsweetened almond milk, oat milk, coconut milk, soy milk, etc.
- Other nut butter: Replace peanut butter with almond butter, cashew butter or other nut butters.
- Add protein powder: Your vanilla protein powder or even chocolate protein powder.
- Chocolate: If you like the taste of chocolate, you can add unsweetened cocoa powder or a healthy chocolate spread.
- Yogurt: You can replace some of the milk with yogurt or vanilla greek yogurtto make a smoothie bowl.
- Nuts and seeds: Almonds, chia seeds or sunflower seeds provide extra protein and good fats for an even thicker texture.
⚠️ You'll find quantities and full instructions in the recipe card at the end of this page.
How to make a strawberry banana peanut butter smoothie
- Place all ingredients in the blender bowl, including fresh or frozen strawberries, chopped banana, peanut butter and milk.
- Blend on high speed for approx. 1 - 2 minutes until smooth and homogenous, with no lumps.
- Pour the smoothie into 2 tall glasses and garnish with a peanut butter topping, a few seeds or my homemade granola.
Storage and tips
In the fridge: This smoothie can be eaten immediately or stored in the fridge for the day.
Change fruits: Replace strawberries with other fruits such as apples, pears, raspberries or blueberries like this strawberry blueberry smoothie.
Replace the peanut butter with almond butter or another nut butter such as cashew butter.
Use at least one frozen fruit, frozen strawberries or frozen bananas for a creamy, icy texture.
You'll also love
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in the comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print