This delicious healthy detox smoothie is ready in just 5 minutes and loaded with raw fruits and vegetables like spinach, cucumbers, ginger, kiwi, apple, lime, and even frozen banana, pineapple, and almond milk.
This fruit and vegetable beverage is creamy and tasty, with no added sugar, and green smoothies are perfect for filling up on vitamins and nutrients at breakfast and cleansing your body.
What is a detox smoothie?
Detox smoothie recipes have become very popular in healthy food because they have multiple benefits for the body and help to be healthier.
The detox smoothie is a beverage highly concentrated in fruits and green vegetables that are taken raw to recover the maximum of nutrients and vitamins they contain.
This smoothie is great because it is loaded with nutrients and vitamins to boost energy, it helps to cleanse the body of accumulated toxins and is also very used to help in weight loss.
This smoothie is mostly made with a mixture of vegetables like spinach or kale, cucumber, and ginger which are full of nutrients and antioxidants.
And we add fruits for vitamins and fiber that naturally sweeten the smoothie like kiwi, apple, lime, and some tropical fruits that give a creamier texture like banana, pineapple, or mango.
As in the homemade smoothie recipes I added almond milk, but you can replace it with water, coconut water, or even Greek yogurt.
All the ingredients in the smoothie are mixed together in a blender to obtain this delicious beverage that allows you to eat a large number of vegetables in a single shot.
>> More recipes for beverages, juices, and smoothies
Detox Smoothies vs Detox Juice
Unlike my detox green juice recipe which is made in a juicer where the fruits and raw vegetables are slowly mashed to get only the juice and separate out the fibers.
In detox green smoothie recipes, the texture is different from juice recipes because it is thicker, everything is blended together and we also keep the fiber.
Even though the juicer method retains more of the nutrients than the blender, the smoothie is more filling because of the fiber that is retained and it gives a more satiating effect.
Benefits of the detox green smoothies
Green detox smoothie recipe made of raw fruits and veggies has multiple health benefits that make it the best choice when you want to take care of your health and get in better shape.
In fact, its high composition in nutrients and anti-oxidant helps to purify the body by supporting natural detoxification, but it is also a great ally to losing weight as part of a diet loss program.
- Helps the natural detoxification of the body (detox of toxins and heavy metals)
- Boosts energy (rich in vitamins)
- Rich in fiber (improves transit for a flat stomach 😉 )
- Helps to lose weight (replacing 1 or 2 meals in the day or in detox cure)
Green Smoothie Ingredients
Here is a list of the most common ingredients used to make a detox smoothie with fruits and vegetables, take the ones you like best and make a mix between vegetables and fruits to have a balanced and naturally sweet smoothie.
- Baby spinach or kale - (or other leafy vegetables)
- Fresh ginger
- Lime or lemon juice
- Green apple - (or pear)
- Green or yellow kiwi
- Frozen fruits - (frozen banana, frozen pineapple, mango)
- Water - like coconut water or plant milk like my almond milk recipe or greek yogurt.
- You can also add chia seeds, flax seeds, hemp seeds and protein powder to your smoothie.
Materials: use a blender to make this smoothie and serve in a large glass can with a lid.
⚠️ You will find the quantities and complete instructions in the recipe card at the end of the page.
How to make a Vegetable Smoothie
- Place all ingredients in the blender, baby spinach leaves, sliced cucumbers, green apple pieces, kiwi fruit without skin, fresh ginger peel, and lime juice.
- Add the frozen fruit, frozen banana, and frozen pineapple pieces, and finish with cold almond milk (or coconut water).
- Blend until smooth on high speed for about 3 minutes in 1-minute increments, until you have a homogenous and chunk-free.
- Pour the detox smoothie into a large glass or in a small glass bottle with a lid for better conservation.
- Enjoy your detox smoothie drink chilled with a few chia seeds and a straw.
Tip: Place all ingredients in the fridge ahead of time and you can also freeze banana slices to get a smooth texture and a fresh smoothie.
In the fridge: The detox smoothie must be consumed rather quickly as it is composed of fresh fruits and vegetables to benefit from the nutrients.
You can keep your detox smoothie in the fridge for a maximum of 24 hours, after which its color will start to turn brown which indicates that it is starting to lose its nutritional qualities.
Frequently asked questions
You can drink the detox smoothie throughout the day, as a meal substitute or as an addition to fill you up with vegetables and nutrients.
You can drink up to 4 to 6 smoothies a day to make a detox smoothie program as a meal replacement. Or drink a green smoothie every morning instead of breakfast.
Using fresh fruits and vegetables loaded with vitamins and nutrients, vegetable smoothies are perfect for refueling and supporting the body's natural detoxification.
More smoothies and iced drinks
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in the comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print
Green Detox Smoothie
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 glass
Recipe for a homemade detox smoothie made with fruits and vegetables. For a large glass of about 400 ml or 2 small glasses
- 1 green apple
- 1 green or yellow kiwi
- 1 handful of spinach - about 50g
- ¼ squeezed lime or lemon juice
- ½ cup fruit - bananas and or pineapple about 100 g
- 1 cup almond milk or water, coconut water - about 220 - 250 ml
- ½ cup sliced cucumber - about 50 g
- 1 small piece of fresh ginger without the skin
- Place all the ingredients, spinach leaves, cucumber pieces, kiwi, ginger, squeezed lime, apple pieces, and then the frozen fruit, bananas and pineapple in the blender.
- Add the cold almond milk and blend for about 3 minutes until creamy, smooth and chunk-free.
- Pour the detox smoothie into a large glass or a bottle with a lid.
- Enjoy chilled with some chia seeds.
Conservation : In the fridge for 24 hours in a bottle with a lid
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: dessert, beverage, healthy
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 glass
- Calories: 437
- Sugar: 40.9 g
- Sodium: 236.8 mg
- Fat: 16.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 74.3 g
- Protein: 7.3 g
- Cholesterol: 30.5 mg
Keywords: detox smoothie, green detox smoothie, green smoothie detox
Leave a Reply