This delicious healthy detox smoothie is ready in just 5 minutes and loaded with raw fruits and vegetables like spinach, cucumbers, ginger, kiwi, apple, lime, even frozen banana, pineapple and almond milk.
This fruit and vegetable beverage is creamy and tasty, with no added sugar, and tthe green smoothies is perfect for filling up on vitamins and nutrients at breakfast and to cleanse your body.
>> More recipes for beverages, juices, and smoothies
What is detox smoothie?
Detox smoothie recipes have become very popular in healthy food because they have multiple benefits for the body and help to be healthier.
The detox smoothie is a beverage highly concentrated in fruits and green vegetables that are taken raw to recover the maximum of nutrients and vitamins they contain.
This smoothie is great because it is loaded with nutrients and vitamins to boost energy, it helps to cleanse the body of accumulated toxins and is also very used to help in weight loss.
This smoothie is mostly made with a mixture of vegetables like spinach or kale, cucumber, and ginger which are full of nutrients and anti-oxidants.
And we add fruits for vitamins and fiber that naturally sweeten the smoothie like kiwi, apple, lime, and some tropical fruits that give a creamier texture like banana, pineapple or mango.
As in the homemade smoothie recipes I added almond milk, but you can replace it with water, coconut water or even Greek yogurt.
All the ingredients in the smoothie are mixed together in a blender to obtain this delicious beverage that allows you to eat a large number of vegetables in a single shot.
Detox Smoothies vs Detox Juice
Unlike my detox green juice recipe which is made in a juicer where the fruits and raw vegetables are slowly mashed to get only the juice and separate out the fibers.
In detox green smoothie recipes, the texture is different from juice recipes because it is thicker, everything is blended together and we also keep the fiber.
Even though the juicer method retains more of the nutrients than the blender, the smoothie is more filling because of the fiber that is retained and it gives a more satiating effect.
Benefits of the detox green smoothies
Green detox smoothie recipe made of raw fruits and veggies has multiple health benefits that make it the best choice when you want to take care of your health and get in better shape.
In fact, it's high composition in nutrients and anti-oxidant helps to purify the body by supporting the natural detoxification, but it is also a great ally to losing weight as part of a diet loss program.
- Helps the natural detoxification of the body (detox of toxins and heavy metals)
- Boosts energy (rich in vitamins)
- Rich in fiber (improves transit for a flat stomach 😉 )
- Helps to lose weight (replacing 1 or 2 meals in the day or in detox cure)
Detox smoothie ingredients
- Baby spinach or kale - (or other leafy vegetables)
- Fresh ginger
- Lime or lemon juice
- Green apple - (or pear)
- Green or yellow kiwi
- Frozen fruits - (frozen banana, frozen pineapple, mango)
- Water - like coconut water or plant milk like my almond milk recipe or greek yogurt.
How to make the green detox smoothie
- Place all ingredients in the blender, baby spinach leaves, sliced cucumbers, green apple pieces, kiwi fruit without skin, fresh ginger peel, and lime juice.
- Add the frozen fruit, frozen banana, and frozen pineapple pieces, and finish with the cold almond milk (or coconut water).
- Blend until smooth on high speed for about 3 minutes in 1-minute increments, until you have a homogenous and chunk-free.
- Pour the detox smoothie in a large glass or in a small glass bottle with a lid for better conservation.
- Enjoy your detox smoothie drink chilled with a few chia seeds and straw.
Tip: Place all ingredients in the fridge ahead of time and you can also freeze banana slices to get a smooth texture and a fresh smoothie.
The detox smoothie is to be consumed rather quickly as it is composed of fresh fruits and vegetables to benefit from the nutrients.
You can keep your detox smoothie in the fridge for a maximum of 24 hours, after which its color will start to turn brown which indicates that it is starting to lose its nutritional qualities.
Frequently asked question about smoothie detox
You can drink the detox smoothie throughout the day, as a meal substitute or as an addition to fill you up with vegetables and nutrients.
You can drink up to 4 to 6 smoothies a day to make a detox smoothie program as a meal replacement. Or drink a green smoothie every morning instead of breakfast.
More smoothies and iced drinks
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in the comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print