Made with only 3 ingredients, this delicious smoothie takes just 5 minutes to make with just a powerful blender.
Why we love this recipe
When the sunny days are here we can finally enjoy refreshing drinks like iced teas, lemonades, juices, and this delicious and easy strawberry banana smoothie recipe.
This is my best strawberry banana smoothie recipe with a perfectly creamy texture and a delicious fruity taste just like my strawberry banana peanut butter smoothie recipe.
Strawberry banana smoothies are made from just 3 ingredients, banana, frozen strawberries, and milk which adds sweetness to this iced drink.
Banana strawberry smoothie is a classic flavor but very popular, the combination of strawberry and banana gives an incredible flavor to this drink. I always increase the quantity when I make smoothie recipes because I know my kids will want it!
There are many different flavors of smoothies, you can make them with any fresh fruit or use frozen fruit like this strawberry blueberry banana smoothie and even with vegetables as in my healthy detox smoothie recipe.
With only a blender and 5 minutes of time, you will have 2 servings of this delicious strawberry banana smoothie perfect for breakfast, after a workout or for a quick sweet break.
Ingredients and substitutions
Here are the strawberry banana smoothie ingredients needed to make this delicious recipe at home and possible substitutions, scroll down the page to see the quantities in the recipe card.
- Strawberries: Frozen strawberries are usually used to give you that icy texture, but you can also use fresh strawberries. The advantage with frozen strawberries is that you don't have to wait until the strawberry season to start making smoothies at home!
- Banana: Avoid ripe banana and you can even use frozen banana. Bananas are very easy to freeze, just slice them up and place them in a storage bag.
- Milk: Use the milk of your choice, dairy milk or a plant-based drink like my homemade almond milk recipe, coconut milk, oat milk or even mineral water works too.
Tip: You can add extra yogurt to your smoothie like plain Greek yogurt for a thicker consistency.
How to make a Strawberry Banana Shake
- Place all ingredients in the blender, frozen strawberries and bananas then add your milk.
- Blend until smooth and homogenous (make sure there are no large chunks of frozen fruit left)
- Serve in a large glass and enjoy!
Tip: You can add some chia seeds, vanilla extract, and coconut shavings to your drink at the end of the preparation.
Which tools to use to make a smoothie?
To make a homemade smoothie you simply need equipment that will blend all your ingredients and reduce them into a smooth drink.
Here are the two machines you can use for this recipe:
1 - Blender:
This is certainly the most used tool for making smoothies. The blender is a food processor composed of a base and a pitcher, it is very powerful and its rotating blades are perfect for crushing ingredients in recipes for milkshakes, purees and juices.
2 - Hand mixer:
From the same family as the blender, the hand mixer is also a blender but it is held in the hand. It is used to mix and emulsify, it is used a lot in pastry and a little less to make drinks but if you do not have a blender you can also make your smoothie with this tool.
Tips for a successful smoothie
- Use a powerful blender: Avoid cheap blenders that will leave pieces in your drink.
- Don't use only frozen fruits: Use 1 frozen ingredient to get an icy, creamy texture. If all the fruit is frozen you will have more of a smoothie bowl texture to eat with a spoon.
- Don't add sugar: In this recipe the fruit contains enough sugar to balance out the sweetness of the drink. But in some smoothie recipes you can add natural sugars like dates, honey or maple syrup.
- Add a protein source: Go from a delicious drink to a whole drink by adding a protein source like yogurt, kefir, peanut butter, almond puree or protein powder.
Frequently asked questions
It is possible but it may change the texture of the smoothie which will be more liquid and less creamy, the best is to use at least 1 frozen fruit.
Made with natural ingredients smoothie contains fiber and vitamins which makes it a healthy drink.
If needed, cut the fresh fruit into pieces and place in a freezer bag for at least 1 hour until completely frozen.
To make a dairy free smoothie, replace cow's milk with a plant-based drink lime almond milk.
More iced drinks
More strawberry recipes
- Strawberry tart classic French recipe
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
- Strawberry whipped cream cake
- Strawberry layer cake
- Strawberry swirl cheesecake
- Strawberry galette
- Strawberry Milkshake
- Strawberry macarons
- Strawberry coulis
- Strawberry coffee cake
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in the comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print