How to make a strawberry blueberry banana smoothie recipe ready in just 5 minutes with a creamy texture et sans refreshing, perfect to go with my moist double chocolate muffins for breakfast.
If you like fresh, fruity smoothies, then you've got to try this strawberry blueberry banana smoothie recipe, which is just as delicious and refreshing as all strawberry smoothie recipes like my strawberry banana smoothie.
A delicious combination of blueberry with strawberries and banana for a creamy drink to be made with milk or yogurt for a satiating breakfast smoothie.
Why we love this recipe
- Ultra-easy recipe, ready in just 5 minutes.
- Creamy, refreshing drink perfect for breakfast or as a snack.
- Super fruity with blueberries, strawberries and banana, to fill up on vitamins.
More blueberry desserts
An overview of the ingredients and possible substitutions to make a strawberry blueberry smoothie recipe at home. Scroll down the page to see the quantities in the recipe card.
- Strawberries: You can use seasonal fresh strawberries or frozen strawberries for an even more cold and thick smoothie.
- Blueberries: Use seasonal fresh blueberries or frozen blueberries.
- Banana: A ripe banana, but not too ripe, preferably large. You can also use frozen bananas.
- Milk: For the basic recipe, milk of your choice, dairy milk or plant-based milk like my sugar-free homemade almond milk recipe, or soy milk, oat milk or coconut milk.
- Yogurt: For a thicker smoothie bowl version, use a mixture of half milk and half cottage cheese, vanilla yogurt, or vanilla Greek yogurt.
- Seeds: for a healthy smoothie, add a small handful of almonds, hemp seeds, walnuts or chia seeds.
- Protein: You can use your own vanilla protein powder to blend into your smoothie.
- Nut butter: For more flavor and an extra dose of protein, like my peanut butter recipe like in this strawberry banana peanut butter smoothie, almond butter or cashew butter.
⚠️ You'll find quantities and instructions in the recipe card at the end of the page.
How to Make a Strawberry Blueberry Smoothie recipe
- Place all the ingredients in the bowl of the blender, including the banana cut into pieces, the fresh or frozen strawberries, the fresh or frozen blueberries and the milk (or milk and yogurt mixture).
- Blend on high speed for 1-2 minutes until smooth and homogenous, with no lumps.
- Serve your banana strawberry blueberry smoothie in 2 tall glasses, with a side of homemade granola.
Fruit smoothies Tip: use a portion of frozen fruits, such as frozen banana and frozen blueberries, and fresh strawberries or other combinations to get a good texture that's easy to drink through a straw.
Storage and tips
In the fridge: This smoothie can be drunk immediately or stored in the fridge and drunk during the day.
You can remove the strawberry from the recipe and make a banana blueberry smoothie simply by adjusting the amount of blueberries or milk to get the right texture.
Use frozen berries for a thick, creamy smoothie, but try to balance it out, because if you only use frozen fruit, the texture of the smoothie will be more like a smoothie bowl, eaten with a spoon.
You don't need sugar, as the fruits are quite sweet, but you can always add natural sugar such as honey, maple syrup, or dates, as in this recipe for banana dates smoothies.
Can I use ice cubes instead of milk? Yes, it's quite possible, but the texture will be a little less creamy. You can also reduce the quantity of milk and add the other half of ice cubes.
You'll also love
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in the comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print