How to make homemade granola, an easy and tasty recipe for breakfast, brunch or small snacks during the day.
These delicious cereals are made with healthy ingredients and are easy to adapt to everyone's tastes at home!
How to make the best homemade granola recipe, the right proportions to make it and how to customize it to your taste.
Granola and muesli are the favorite cereals of children and adults alike and have become very trendy in recent years. Eaten at breakfast in a bowl with my homemade almond milk recipe or at any time of the day in cottage cheese with fresh fruit.
Composed of cereal flakes (oatmeal), dried fruits (almonds, hazelnuts, pecans), seeds (sunflower, flax, chia,..), sugar and fat.
Tip: Easy to adapt to everyone's taste, like my chocolate granola recipe, with spices, with red fruits, with chocolate chips etc…
Making your own healthy granola recipe will allow you to control its composition in natural ingredients. Organic cereals, whole grains, gluten free, natural sugars and especially adapted to your preferences.
- Cereal flakes: Oat flakes are a source of fiber, preferably whole grain. You can replace them with wheat, barley or buckwheat flakes.
- Nuts: Nuts are a source of Omega 3, such as almonds and pecans, hazelnuts, cashews, macadamia nuts, etc.
- Seeds: Source of unsaturated fatty acids such as sunflower seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, sesame seeds, etc.
- Natural sugar: Honey, maple syrup or with fruits like dates, fruit juice or agave syrup
- Oil: Virgin oil, coconut oil, grape seed oil, canola oil or hazelnut oil (replace with another natural fat such as almond butter or peanut butter)
- Salt: To bring out all the flavors.
Add as an option :
- Natural flavors: Fruit coulis, applesauce or apple juice or citrus juice with zest.
- Spices: Cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg.
- Dried fruit: Red fruit or strawberry, raspberry, coconut shavings or raisins.
Tip: Add homemade chocolate chips after baking only after cooling.
Proportions to remember
To make a successful granola, you should follow this recipe formula with the following portions
- 4 portions of oat flakes
- 1 ½ portions of nuts and seeds
- ⅓ portion of sugar
- ⅓ portion of fat
Tip: You can add more nuts or reduce the sugar or fat and your granola will still taste great.
How to make homemade granola
- Preheat oven to 302°F / 150°C and line a baking sheet or large rectangular dish with parchment paper.
- Place the oats, nuts and seeds in a large container.
- Add the oil, liquid sugar and salt to the bowl containing the oats and nuts.
- Mix with a wooden spoon to coat the dry ingredients with the liquid ingredients.
- Pour the granola onto the baking sheet with parchment paper or rectangular dish and spread it over the entire surface.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, stirring a little halfway through.
- Allow the granola to cool completely after removing from the oven before placing it in a large glass jar with a tight-fitting lid.
Tip: Let it cool completely before mixing it to have big crunchy pieces
Other heatlhy recipes
- Homemade almond butter
- Chocolate Chip Seed Cookies
- Chocolate almond milk
- Green juice detox
- Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
More oatmeal recipes
- Overnight oats with almond milk
- Oatmeal porridge
- Crunchy chocolate granola
- Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies dough truffles
- No bake energy balls
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 20 parts
A quick, easy and healthy homemade granola (about 15-20 small portions)
- 400 g Oats (4 cups) ( flakes - wholemeal)
- 150 g Nuts and seeds(1 ½ cups) (almonds, hazelnuts,pecan, flax, chia, sunflower, sesame etc )
- 130 g Vegetable oil (⅓ cup) (coconut, grape seed, hazelnut, etc.)
- 130 g Honey (⅓ cup) (or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 302°F / 150°C and line a baking sheet or rectangular dish with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, place the rolled oats with the whole or crushed nuts and seeds.
- Add the vegetable oil, honey or other liquid sugar and fleur de sel and mix again with a wooden spoon.
- Pour this mixture into your dish or baking sheet and spread the granola over the entire surface.
- Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- At the end of the baking time, remove the granola from the oven and let it cool completely before moving it to a large jar with a lid.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: breakfast, Dessert
- Cuisine: american
- Calories: 198
- Sugar: 6
- Sodium: 119
- Fat: 12
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 21
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 4
Keywords: homemade granola
Leave a Reply