Recipe for Oreo brownies super greedy, very chocolatey and very fudgy (for a square baking pan of 8 inches /20 cm - 16 servings)
- 115 g (1 stick) Butter - unsalted
- 250 g (1 1/2 cup) Chocolate chips - semi-sweet
- 200 g (1 cup) Sugar - granulated
- 4 eggs - room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 90 g (3/4 cup) Flour - all-purpose
- 30 g (1/4 cup) Cocoa powder - unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 10 Oreo cookies - crushed + 4 for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F 180°C and line the bottom of an 8 inches /20 cm square brownie pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl place the chopped butter with the chopped chocolate and melt in a double boiler or microwave until completely melted without lumps.
- In a large bowl, place the eggs with the granulated sugar and vanilla extract and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes until the mixture is voluminous and glossy.
- Add the chocolate and melted butter mixture and beat again to incorporate.
- Finish with the dry ingredients, flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, salt and crushed oreo cookie.
- Gently mix with a rubber spatula until smooth.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan and smooth the surface with an angled spatula.
- Add Oreo cookie chunks to the top of the brownies and press lightly into the batter.
- Bake the Oreo brownies for about 30-35 minutes until they have a shiny crust on top but are still a little soft in the center.
- Check for doneness by sticking a toothpick into the center of the brownies, it should come out with crumbs, if it comes out with liquid batter then extend the baking time by 5 minutes.
- Let the brownies cool in the pan at room temperature, then cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour before cutting into 16 equal pieces with a large knife.
- Serve the oreo brownies with a little vanilla ice cream or custard.
Storage: Up to 3-5 days at room temperature in a storage box and up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: brownies, cake
- Cuisine: american
- Calories: 234
- Sugar: 18
- Sodium: 177
- Fat: 11
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 32
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 29
Keywords: oreo brownies, brownies oreo, chocolate oreo brownies