Oreo chocolate chip cookies recipe with a soft heart and crunchy edges full of crushed oreo cookies (for 13-14 cookies)
- 120 g (1/2 cup) Butter - unsalted and softened
- 50 g (1/2 cup) Sugar - granulated
- 100 g (1/2 cup) Brown sugar
- 1 egg - large at room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 190 g (1 1/2 cups) Flour - all-purpose
- 10 g (1 1/2 tbsp) Cornstarch
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking soda
- 2 pinches Sea salt
- 100 g (2/3 cup) Chocolate chips - optional
- 8 Crushed Oreo cookies + 4 for decoration
- In a large bowl, place the unsalted and softened butter with sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat with an electric whisk for 2-3 minutes until creamy and smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat again to incorporate.
- Finish with the dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cornstarch and sea salt.
- Mix with a wooden spoon or spatula just until incorporated and smooth.
- Then add the 8 crushed Oreo cookies and chocolate chips and mix just until incorporated.
- Using 2 tablespoons or a large ice cream scoop form 13-14 balls of cookie dough and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. (If the dough is too sticky, let it rest for 20 minutes in the fridge before shaping)
- Add small pieces of Oreo cookies to the top of the cookie dough balls.
- Place the baking sheet in the fridge for 1 hour or in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C and bake the oreo cookies for about 13-15 minutes until they are golden on the edges and still soft in the center.
- If needed, use a round cookie cutter (larger in diameter than the cookies) and twist it around the cookies to give them a nice round shape.
- Let the cookies cool a bit on the baking sheet before gently moving them to a cooling rack or plate.
- And enjoy!
Storage: 1 week at room temperature in a storage box and up to 3 months in the freezer.
- You can replace the baking soda by using only 1 packet of baking powder.
- Add nuts for extra crunch, almonds, hazelnuts, macadamia or walnuts
- Replace Oreo cookies with biscoff cookies or other cookies.
- Use well-softened butter
- Cookie dough should be firm before baking to avoid flat cookies.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Cookies,
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oreo cookies, oreo chocolate chip cookies