The salted caramel chocolate tart recipe is a rich, chocolatey dessert full of flavor! Composed of a crunchy cocoa shortbread filled with a chocolate almond cream (frangipane), a delicious layer of caramel and dark chocolate that will satisfy all chocolate lovers.
Best caramel chocolate tart
This is truly the dessert for all chocolate lovers! The chocolate tart with salted caramel is an amazing dessert with all those different textures in the mouth both crunchy and creamy.
It is a bakery that requires a little time of preparation and organization. Indeed as it contains 4 different recipes that are layered to create this fabulous dessert.
The salted caramel chocolate tart can be perfect for family meals or as a gift for special days like Mother's Day or Grandma's Day.
Before going to the preparation of this chocolate tart, let's have a closer look at the sweet recipes that compose it.
- Cocoa shortcrust: This is a classic sweet crust but in a chocolate version prepared with unsweetened cocoa powder. The same technique of preparation with sanding for a crunchy and tasty crust.
- Chocolate almond cream: Chocolate almond cream is like a frangipane but with chocolate and is a perfect recipe for lining the inside of the sweet crust in tarts recipes, it adds a soft texture to the crispy crust.
- Salted caramel sauce: A layer of happiness with the sweetness of caramel and a hint of salt that stings in your mouth. You can make my salted caramel recipe or use store-bought caramel.
- Chocolate Ganache: This is the final layer of happiness in this tart, an ultra-creamy, chocolate-rich filling. A ganache made with just semisweet chocolate and heavy cream a very easy recipe to prepare.
How to make Caramel and chocolate tart
Cocoa tart crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place in a large bowl and mix the all purpose flour, almond meal, confectioner's sugar and cocoa powder and add the cold butter cut into pieces.
- Mix with your hands until you obtain a sandy texture, then add the egg at room temperature and mix gently without kneading too much until you form a ball of dough.
- Roll out the chocolate dough with a rolling pin to a thickness of 3-4 mm between 2 sheets of parchment paper and place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Take the pastry crust out of the freezer and line a 9-inch tart pan or tart ring, prick the bottom with a fork, put back in the freezer for at least 1 hour and bake for about 10 minutes.
Tip: You can also easily make the tart shell using a food processor.
Chocolate almond cream (frangipane)
- Melt the chopped chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Then place the softened butter with the confectioner's sugar and almond meal in a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Then add the egg and the melted chocolate and mix again until you get a homogeneous cream.
- Pour the chocolate almond cream mixture into the cocoa crust and return to the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Let it cool a little before removing the tart ring and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Salted caramel sauce
- Start by placing the granulated sugar in a saucepan and heat over medium heat until the sugar dissolves and caramelizes, it should have an amber color.
- Still on the heat, add the butter cut into pieces and mix with a wooden spoon until it is well incorporated and the texture is homogeneous and smooth.
- Then add in 2-3 times the heavy cream slowly while mixing at the same time until it is well incorporated. Continue cooking for about 5 more minutes, until the caramel is thicker and smooth.
- Allow the caramel to cool slightly before pouring it into the tart, then allow the tart and caramel filling to cool completely in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Cut the bittersweet chocolate into pieces or use chocolate chip and place it in a medium bowl with the liquid cream. Then place the bowl on a saucepan with a little water over medium heat to melt in a double boiler.
- You can also use the microwave to make this chocolate ganache
- Let the chocolate and heavy cream melt while stirring with a spatula until the ganache is smooth and completely melted.
- Let the chocolate filling cool a little before pouring it into the crust on top of the salted caramel until it completely fills the bottom of the tart.
- Place the finished chocolate tart in the refrigerator until completely cooled, about 1-2 hours. Once the tart is cold you can decorate it with chocolate flakes, sprinkles or add flaky sea salt.
The chocolate tart and salted caramel should be kept cold, preferably in a refrigerator. Also, it can be eaten cold and you can keep it for about 1 week.
More tarts recipes
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print