Chocolate Mascarpone Whipped Cream Frosting Recipe ( about 10 portions)
- 250 g (1 cup) mascarpone cheese - cold
- 50 g (1/3 cup) confectioner's sugar - sifted
- 35 g (1/3 cup) cocoa powder - unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 240 ml (1 cup) heavy cream - full fat and very cold
- Start by sifting the confectioner's sugar and cocoa powder together through a fine sieve until well blended.
- Then in a large bowl or in the bowl of your stand mixer place the cold mascarpone cheese, the confectioner's sugar and unsweetened cocoa powder mixture, and the vanilla extract.
- Blend with the whisk on medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes to loosen the mascarpone and obtain a smooth and homogeneous mixture.
- Add the cold heavy cream and whisk on medium speed, not high speed, for about 3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Use your frosting immediately or store it covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator.
Storage : In the fridge for 2 - 4 days
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Frosting
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 236
- Sugar: 9.1 g
- Sodium: 19.4 mg
- Fat: 15.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.9 g
- Protein: 1.9 g
- Cholesterol: 45 mg