Delicious no-bake chocolate pie with oreo cookie crust, chocolate mousse, whipped cream and chocolate curls (for a 9 inch / 23-25 cm diameter pie dish, about 12 servings
- 325 g Oreo cookies - 30 cookies
- 60 g ( 1/2 stick) Butter - unsalted and melted
- 4 Eggs - room temperature
- 190 g (3/4 cup) Sugar - granulated
- 225 g ( 8 oz) Baking chocolate - semi-sweet
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch Salt
- 155 g ( 1 stick + 2 tbsp) Butter - softened
- 290 ml (1 1/4 cups) Heavy cream - full fat and cold
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) Heavy cream - full fat and cold
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 100 g ( 4 oz) Baking chocolate - semi-sweet and chopped
Oreo cookies crust
- Grease a 9 inch / 23 cm diameter pie dish.
- Mix the oreo cookies finely and add the melted butter and mix.
- Pour this mixture into the bottom of the pie dish and press down to form a cookie bottom.
- Place the dish in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Heat the eggs and sugar in a double boiler and control the temperature which must reach at least 131°F / 55°C while mixing constantly with a whisk.
- Let the mixture cool a little and during this time melt the dark chocolate in the microwave.
- Stir in the melted chocolate, vanilla extract and salt to the egg and sugar mixture and let it cool.
- Place the softened butter in the bowl of a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and beat on high speed for about 5 minutes, until you have a soft butter.
- Meanwhile, whip the heavy cream to a thick consistency and set aside.
- Lower the speed of the mixer and gradually incorporate the chocolate mixture and mix again for about 5 minutes.
- Finish by adding the whipped cream with a spatula and mix gently until you obtain a smooth and homogeneous texture.
- Place a baking sheet in the freezer for about ten minutes and during this time melt the chocolate in the microwave or double boiler.
- Spread the melted chocolate on the cold baking sheet with an offset spatula in a thin layer.
- As soon as the chocolate is cold and no longer shiny, scrape it with a stainless steel spatula to form curls of different sizes and set aside in a fresh place.
- Place the cold heavy cream, confectioners' sugar and vanilla in the bowl of a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment.
- Whip on high speed for about 3-4 minutes until you have a thick whipped cream.
- Pour the whipped cream over the pie and decorate with chocolate curls.
Storage: in the fridge for 3-5 days or in the freezer for 3 months.
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: american
- Calories: 621
- Sugar: 42
- Sodium: 297
- Fat: 46
- Saturated Fat: 26
- Carbohydrates: 53
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 5
- Cholesterol: 149
Keywords: Chocolate mousse pie, no bake chocolate mousse pie, chocolate pie,