This delicious and healthy preparation of homemade almond butter, ideal for slices of bread, for your yoghurts, desserts or pastries.
- 400 g (2 3/4 cups) Almonds - organic and raw with skin
- Preheat your oven to 374°F / 190°C.
- Place the almonds on a baking tray covered with a silicone baking sheet or baking paper.
- Put in the oven and let the almonds roast for about 10 minutes, (a small sign to know if the almonds have sufficiently roasted, you will smell this delicious aroma in your kitchen).
- Take the almonds out of the oven and let them cool down.
- Use a good blender or food processor for the next step.
- Start by pouring half of the almonds into the blender and blend for about 2 minutes until the almonds are completely ground, then add the other half and blend again.
- This will last as long as it takes, until the almond puree is smooth enough. Take a break every 2-3 minutes to avoid overheating the mixture.
- Pour your almond butter in a glass jar with a lid.
Storage: Several weeks in a glass jar with a lid at room temperature and up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Add sugar: Prefer natural sugar such as honey or maple syrup
- Flavor: With spices, cinnamon, ginger, gingerbread or vanilla.
- Creamier: Add fat such as coconut oil, hazelnut oil or avocado oil.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: breakfast, cakes, Dessert
- Cuisine: french
- Calories: 92
- Sugar: 1
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 3
Keywords: almond butter