Recipe for iced chai latte, a traditional Indian drink made with black tea infused with masala chai spices and served with ice cubes and milk (for 2 glasses)
- 2 black tea bags
- 1 cinnamon stick - or 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 small piece of fresh ginger or 1 pinch ground
- 4 cloves
- 1 star anise - optional
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup - or honey
- 300 ml (1 cup) water
- 1 - to 1 1/2 cups Milk - or vegetable drink
- Place the black tea bags with the spices, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, star anise in a saucepan.
- Add the maple syrup and vanilla extract, then the water and heat over medium heat for 5 minutes, then let it infuse for another 10 minutes.
- Pour the concentrate into a jar through a strainer to collect the spices and tea bags and let cool completely in the fridge.
Make Iced Chai Latte:
- Fill a large glass completely with ice or crushed ice.
- Pour in the black tea concentrate.
- Then add the milk, stir a little and enjoy with a straw.
Conservation : Black tea concentrate can be kept in the refrigerator for one week.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: drink, beverage, latte, coffee
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 1 glasse
- Calories: 89
- Sugar: 12.4 g
- Sodium: 107.1 mg
- Fat: 1.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.1 g
- Protein: 1.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: iced chai tea latte, iced chai latte, homemade iced chai tea latte