Recipe for Lemon cream pie made with an easy cripsy pie bottom crust filled with a no-bake lemon cream mixture and served with whipped cream. ( 10 inches/ 25 cm pie dish about 10-12 parts)
Pie crust :
- 200 g (1 1/3 cup) Flour
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 125 g (1/2 cup or 1 stick + 1 tbsp) Butter - unsalted cut in pieces and very cold
- 50 g (1/4 cup) Water - iced
Lemon cream filling :
- 792 g (2 cans of 14 oz) Sweetened condensed milk
- 120 g (1/2 cup) Sour cream
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) Fresh lemon juice
- Zest 2 lemons
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
Pie crust :
- Place flour, sugar, pinch of salt and cold butter cut into pieces in a large bowl.
- Mix with your fingertips until you have a sandy texture.
- Add the water and gather the dough to form a ball.
- Roll out the dough between 2 sheets of baking paper and place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Line a pie dish with the pie dough and make holes with a fork.
- And place in the freezer for about 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 374°F / 190°C and bake bottom crust filled with ceramic balls, rice etc. for about 25 minutes.
- Let it cool completely.
- In a large bowl, place the sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract.
- Mix with a spatula or whisk until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the pie shell and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- In a large bowl place the cold heavy cream with the confectioners' sugar and mix with an electric mixer on medium speed for about 3 to 4 minutes until stiff.
- Pour the whipped cream over the cold lemon cream pie, sprinkle with lemon zest and serve.
Conservation: 5 days in the refrigerator, you can also keep the lemon pie without the whipped cream up to 3 months in the freezer.
Graham cracker crust: Mix 250 g of graham cracker in a food processor and add 125 g (1/2 cup) of melted butter. Pack the mixture in the bottom of the pie dish and place it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before adding the filling.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: pie, dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 374
- Sugar: 37.4 g
- Sodium: 286.5 mg
- Fat: 15.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 51.3 g
- Protein: 7.8 g
- Cholesterol: 48.3 mg
Keywords: lemon cream pie, lemon pie, sour cream lemon pie, lemon sour cream pie, sour cream lemon pie recipe, lemon cream pie with sour cream