Soft and fluffy Nutella muffins recipe perfect for breakfast or school snack ( for 12 muffins)
- 80 g (1/3 cup) Butter - unsalted and softened
- 80 g ( 1/3 cup) Vegetable oil - rapeseed or canola oil
- 200 g (3/4 cup) Sugar - granulated
- 2 eggs - large at room temperature
- 330 ml ( 1 1/4 cups) Buttermilk - or milk
- 390 g ( 2 1/2 cups) flour - all-purpose
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch pinch of salt
- Nutella spread
- Preheat your oven to 420°F / 220°c (fan oven) and line a cupcake/muffin tin with paper liners.
- On a baking sheet, spoon out large chunks of Nutella and place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the softened butter, vegetable oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla and buttermilk until you have a smooth, homogeneous cake batter.
- Then gently fold in the dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix to form a smooth cake batter.
- Pour the dough into the boxes, filling them by half, and place the frozen Nutella discs on top of the dough without pushing them in and cover with a little dough.
- Then place a small amount of Nutella on top and form a swirl of dough with the tip of a knife.
- Bake for 5 minutes then lower the temperature to 350°F/180°C and bake for a further 10 - 15 minutes, without opening the oven door, until the muffins are golden brown with a nice bump on top.
- Let muffins cool completely before eating.
Storage: Store at room temperature in an airtight box for 1 week, or up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: muffins, breakfast
- Cuisine: american
- Calories: 156
- Sugar: 8
- Sodium: 195
- Fat: 5
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 24
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 20
Keywords: nutella muffins, muffins with nutella, swirled nutella muffins