Recipe of the traditional American pecan pie, easy and without corn syrup (for a 8-9 inch / 20-23 cm pie dish)
- 200 g (1 1/3 cup) Flour - all-purpose
- 1 tbsp. sugar - granulated
- 1 pinch of salt
- 135 g ( 1 stick + 2 tbsp) butter - unsalted and cold
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) water - iced
- 113 g (1 stick) butter - unsalted and softened
- 100 g (1/3 cup) brown sugar
- 3 Eggs - at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 ml (1/3 cup) Pure maple syrup - or corn syrup, honey
- 250 g (2 cups) pecans - or a mixture of almonds, walnut
- 1 pinch of salt
- Place the flour, granulated sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Add the cold butter pieces and rub with your hands until you get a sandy texture.
- Add the cold water and gather the dough with your hands to form a homogeneous dough ball.
- Cover the dough ball with cling film and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on a floured work surface and line a tart pan.
- Cut the excess dough and form a pretty border, then place it in the freezer for at least 30 minutes while you prepare the filling.
Pecan pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C.
- In a bowl mix together the eggs, brown sugar, melted butter, syrup and vanilla.
- Add half of the crushed pecans, salt and mix.
- Pour the mixture into the pie dish on the prepared pie crust and place the whole pecans on top.
- Bake for about 50 minutes until the filling is firm.
- Let the pecan pie cool a little, serve warm with a little vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- The pecans can be replaced in part by walnuts and almonds.
- Instead of corn syrup you can use maple syrup or a mixture with honey.
- Instead of brown sugar you can use another flavored sugar like brown sugar or coconut sugar.
- You can apply a layer of gilding on the edges of the dough with a beaten egg and a brush to apply before baking.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Dessert, pie
- Cuisine: american
- Calories: 538
- Sugar: 19
- Sodium: 205
- Fat: 40
- Saturated Fat: 15
- Carbohydrates: 42
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 7
- Cholesterol: 103
Keywords: Pecan pie