Easy recipe for homemade praline paste with hazelnuts and almonds roasted and caramelized to flavor your desserts and cakes. For a large pot of 500 g approximately
- 200 g Hazelnuts (Raw)
- 200 g Almonds (Raw)
- 250 g Sugar
- 62 ml Water
- Preheat your oven to 300°F / 150°C and place the almonds and hazelnuts on a baking sheet.
- Roast the almonds and hazelnuts together in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Rub the nuts in a cloth to remove the loose skin.
- Over medium heat, bring the water and sugar to a boil in a cast-iron or heavy-bottomed saucepan and, using a cooking thermometer, check the temperature of the syrup, which should reach 240°F / 116°C.
- Then add the whole almonds and hazelnuts with the skin and stir with a wooden spoon for about 20 minutes.
- The sugar will first crystallize, then it will completely melt and caramelize and take an amber color.
- Then remove the caramelized hazelnuts and almonds to a baking sheet and let them cool completely.
- When they are cold, blend them in your food processor in 2-3 times (to avoid overheating the dough).
- At first you will get a fine meal, continue to blend until you get a smooth liquid paste.
- Pour the mixture into a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
Conservation: several weeks in a glass jar with a lid at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
For a less sweet dough :
Reduce the amount of sugar by 100 g
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Calories: 169
- Sugar: 13
- Fat: 11
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 16
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 4
Keywords: hazelnut praline, praline paste