How to make a delicious pumpkin bread with a crunchy cinnamon streusel topping (for a 10 inch/25 cm cake 10-12 slices)
- 40 g (1/4 cup) Flour - all-purpose
- 40 g (1/3 cup) Almond meal
- 40 g (1/4 cup) Brown sugar
- 40 g (3 tbsp) Butter - unsalted and cold
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon ground
- 1 pinch Sea salt
- 250 g (1 2/3 cups) Flour - all-purpose
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 1/2 Cinnamon ground
- 1 pinch Ginger ground
- 1 pinch Nutmeg ground
- 1 pinch Cloves ground
- 150 g (1 stick + 2 tbsp) Butter - softened or melted
- 150 g (2/3 cup) Brown sugar
- 100 g (1/2 cup) Sugar - granulated
- 3 Eggs - medium at room temperature
- 400 g (1 1/2 cups) Pumpkin puree
Streusel topping :
- Place all ingredients in a small bowl and rub between your hands until you get a more or less sandy texture.
- Form a ball of dough and crumble it roughly into small pieces.
- Place in the fridge while preparing the cake.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 175°C and line a 10inch / 25 cm loaf pan.
- In a bowl mix together all the dry ingredients, flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves.
- In a separate bowl place the softened or melted butter with the brown and granulated sugar and mix with a hand whisk.
- Add the eggs and beat again until smooth.
- Then add the pumpkin puree and mix.
- Then add the dry ingredients and mix gently until smooth and liquid.
- Pour the mixture into the cake pan and place the streusel well distributed on the top surface.
- Bake for about 1 hour, after 50 minutes plunge a toothpick in the center to check the cooking. If it comes out with liquid dough, you need to cook it longer, if it comes out with a few wet crumbs, it is ready.
- Let it cool completely in the pan before unmolding it, otherwise it may break.
Storage: Up to 5 days at room temperature in a storage box with a tight-fitting lid and up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: bread, cake, Dessert
- Cuisine: american
- Calories: 341
- Sugar: 25
- Sodium: 251
- Fat: 16
- Saturated Fat: 9
- Carbohydrates: 46
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 5
- Cholesterol: 75
Keywords: Pumpkin streusel bread, streusel pumpkin bread, pumpkin bread with streusel topping, pumpkin bread with crumbs topping, streusel topping for pumpkin bread, streusel bread