Recipe for homemade sea salt butter caramel sauce, for a jar of 200 g (about 1 cup).
- 200 g (1 cup) Sugar - granulated
- 80 g (1/3 cup) Butter - semi-salted or unsalted
- 150 g (2/3 cup) Heavy cream - or double cream at room temperature
- 3 pinch Sea salt - Fleur de sel
- Place the granulated sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat the sugar for the caramelization stage, the sugar will dissolve, become liquid and take on an amber color (be careful not to burn your caramel)
- Still, on the heat, add the pieces of butter and mix with a wooden spoon until you obtain a homogeneous and liquid texture.
- Then, still, on the heat, add the heavy cream in 2-3 times while mixing between each addition.
- Cook the caramel for another 3-4 minutes over medium heat until thick and smooth.
- Add the sea salt and mix again.
- If necessary, blend the caramel in a hand blender to homogenize the caramel (small pieces of sugar often remain.)
- Pour the salted caramel sauce into a glass jar with a lid and store in the refrigerator.
Conservation : Up to 1 month in the fridge and up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: french
- Calories: 93
- Sugar: 10
- Sodium: 37
- Fat: 6
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Cholesterol: 19
Keywords: homemade caramel, salted caramel sauce, salted caramel, salty caramel, salted caramel sauce recipe, sea salt caramel, salted butter caramel, butter caramel