How to make homemade strawberry coulis with just strawberries, sugar and lemon juice (for a pot of about 250 g / about 1 cup)
- 250 g (1 1/4 cups) Strawberries - fresh or frozen
- 40 g (1/4 cup) Sugar - granulated
- 1/2 Lemon juice - fresh approx. 20 ml
- Place the hulled and chopped fresh strawberries or whole frozen strawberries in a medium saucepan with the granulated sugar and fresh lemon juice.
- Heat over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon or tablespoon until the strawberries are mashed.
- Mash the strawberries with a fork or potato masher.
- Remove from the heat and blend the mixture in a blender until you have a liquid strawberry coulis.
- Strain the coulis through a fine sieve to remove strawberry seeds and other residues, and ensure a smooth sauce.
- Pour the strawberry coulis into a glass jar with a lid and leave to cool completely in the fridge before using it in your desserts and cakes.
Storage: Up to 1 week in the fridge and up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Replace sugar with natural sugar, such as honey, maple syrup or agave syrup.
- Make a mixture of red fruits, strawberries with raspberries, etc.
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Sauce, coulis
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: strawberry coulis, strawberry sauce, fresh strawberry sauce, frozen strawberry sauce,