Recipe of the rustic strawberry galette with almond cream filling (frangipane) and baked strawberries (for a 8 - 10 inch tart)
Sweet Shortcrust Dough :
- 250 g (1 2/3 cups) Flour - all purpose
- 80 g (1/2 cup) Confectioner's Sugar - or granulated sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 40 g (1/3 cup) Almond meal
- 125 g (1 stick + 1tbsp) Butter - unsalted and cold
- 1 egg - room temperature
Frangipane (almond cream) :
- 50 g ( 1/2 stick or 3 1/2 tbsp) Butter - softened
- 50 g (1/4 cup) Sugar - granulated or brown sugar
- 50 g (1/2 cup) Almond meal
- 1 Egg - room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh strawberries or frozen
- Place the flour, confectioners' sugar, almond meal and salt in a medium bowl and mix with a tablespoon.
- Add the cold butter cut into pieces and with your fingertips crush the butter into the other ingredients to obtain a sandy mixture.
- Add the egg and gather the dough until you have a smooth ball of dough.
- Cover with cling film and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl place the softened butter with the powdered sugar and mix with an electric mixer until creamy and smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix again to incorporate them.
- Finish by adding the almond meal and mix until you have a smooth mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 175°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the shortcrust pastry to a thickness of 3 mm, trying to make a round shape.
- Place the disc of dough on the baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Top the center with frangipane, leaving a border of about 2 inches / 5 cm.
- Place the strawberry slices on the frangipane cream.
- Fold the edges of the pastry to form a border around the strawberries.
- Sprinkle cane sugar over the entire galette.
- Bake for about 30 - 40 minutes until golden brown around the edges and the strawberries are melting.
- Let the rustic tart cool completely before moving it to a large plate.
- Serve cold with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream and a few crushed pistachios.
Storage: Store the galette in the refrigerator for about 2 to 4 days covered with cling film.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- rest time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dessert, tart, galette
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 271
- Sugar: 11
- Sodium: 119
- Fat: 17
- Saturated Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 27
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 5
- Cholesterol: 59
Keywords: Strawberry galette, strawberry frangipane galette, rustic strawberry tart recipe, rusti strawberry tart, rustic strawberry galette