Easy whipped vanilla buttercream frosting recipe, to fill and smooth a 2 tiers 6 inch/15 cm cake or decorating 12 cupcakes.
- 200 g (1 cup) Butter - unsalted and softened
- 350 g (3 1/4 cups) Powdered sugar - sifted icing sugar
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) Heavy cream - full-fat
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt - optional
- Place the softened butter cut into pieces in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and whisk at high speed for about 3-5 minutes until you obtain a smooth and creamy mixture.
- Lower the speed of the mixer and add the sifted confectioner's sugar in several batches until completely incorporated.
- Add the vanilla extract and full-fat heavy cream and beat on high speed for a further 5 minutes until you have a smooth, voluminous frosting.
- Beat the whipped buttercream with a rubber spatula or the flat spatula of your stand mixer for 2 minutes at low speed to evacuate air bubbles and obtain a smooth frosting.
- Use immediately on your cakes or store in the fridge under plastic wrap.
Conservation: 1 week in the refrigerator and up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: frosting, icing,
- Cuisine: american
- Calories: 101
- Sugar: 23
- Sodium: 15
- Fat: 1
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 23
- Cholesterol: 3
Keywords: vanilla buttercream, american buttercream, easy buttercream, buttercream frosting