THE lemon cake ! The perfect recipe for four-quarter cake, hyper melting, slightly lemony and also so simple and quick to prepare.
This lemon cake is a cake bomb! With a perfect base, light and melting in the mouth and as I'm not super fan of lemon, it is slightly lemony.
A recipe taken from the site of Bernard's Kitchen, which I voluntarily modified by reducing sugar and lemon and adapted the quantities for a loaf pan 22 to 25 cm long.
How to make lemon cake
Preparing lemon cake
Place the whole sugar in a container and remove the zest of a lemon with a zester.
Then add the melted butter and mix gently.
And add the eggs one by one and continue mixing gently with the hand whisk.
Then stir in the juice of the lemon.
Finish by incorporating dry ingredients, flour, baking powder and salt.
Finally pour your dough into the cake pan and bake.
At the end of cooking your lemon cake, let it cool before unmoulding it.
Preparing sugar icing
First of all for this preparation, pour the sifted icing sugar into a small bowl.
Then by any small amount added lemon juice (or water if you prefer) until you get a thick but flowing icing.
When your lemon cake is completely cold and just before serving, pour the pouring icing over the top and decorate with lemon.
For the lemon cake
- 150 g whole sugar - or brown sugar / cane sugar
- 250 g flour
- 205 g butter
- 5 egg
- 1 zest lemon
- 1/2 juice lemon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
For the sugar icing
- 150 g icing sugar
- juice lemon
Lemon cake preparation
- Preheat your oven to 338°F and line a 22 to 25 cm cake tin with baking paper.
- In a bowl, place the sugar and the zest of a yellow lemon, then add the melted butter and mix.
- Then add the eggs one by one, stirring gently, and finish with the lemon juice.
- Then add the dry ingredients, flour, salt and baking powder.
- Always mix delicately, until a homogeneous and smooth cake machine is obtained.
- Pour the dough into your cake tin and bake in the oven for about 50 min.
- Let your cake cool before unmolding.
Sugar icing preparation
- In a small bowl, place the powdered sugar.
- Using a teaspoon, add a very small amount of lemon juice (or water) until a runny glaze is obtained.
- Pour the sugar icing on top of the cake and decorate with yellow lemon.