Lemon loaf cake ! The perfect recipe for lemon cake, hyper melting, slightly lemony and also so simple and quick to prepare with a lemon glaze
The perfect lemon cake recipe
This lemon cake recipe is a cake bomb! With a perfect base, light and melting in the mouth and as I'm not super fan of lemon, it is slightly lemony.
This lemon loaf cake has a perfect texture and is also served with a lemon glaze.
A recipe taken from the site of Bernard's Kitchen, which I voluntarily modified by reducing sugar and lemon and adapted the quantities for a loaf pan 22 to 25 cm long.
Materials and ingredients to make this recipe
To make this perfect lemon loaf cake recipe, you will need these ingredients:
- Yellow lemons
- baking powder
And for the material part few but essential ingredients
How to make lemon cake
Preparing the lemon cake batter
- Start by tying a 10 inch loaf pan, either with baking paper or with a grease cake spray.
- Place the whole sugar in a container and remove the zest of a lemon with a zester.
- Then add the melted butter and mix gently.
- And add the eggs one by one and continue mixing gently with the hand whisk.
- Then stir in the juice of the lemon.
- Finish by incorporating dry ingredients, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Finally pour your dough into the cake pan and bake.
- At the end of cooking your lemon cake, let it cool before unmoulding it.
Preparing the sugar icing
- First of all for this preparation, pour the sifted icing sugar into a small bowl.
- Then by any small amount added lemon juice (or water if you prefer) until you get a thick but flowing icing.
- When your lemon cake is completely cold and just before serving, pour the pouring icing over the top and decorate with lemon.
Others lemon recipe
For the lemon cake
- 150 g whole sugar - or brown sugar / cane sugar
- 250 g flour
- 205 g butter
- 5 egg
- 1 zest lemon
- 1/2 juice lemon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
For the sugar icing
- 150 g icing sugar
- juice lemon
Lemon cake preparation
- Preheat your oven to 338°F and line a 9 - 10 inch loaf cake pan tin with baking paper.
- In a bowl, place the sugar and the zest of a yellow lemon, then add the melted butter and mix.
- Then add the eggs one by one, stirring gently, and finish with the lemon juice.
- Then add the dry ingredients, flour, salt and baking powder.
- Always mix delicately, until a homogeneous and smooth cake machine is obtained.
- Pour the dough into your cake tin and bake in the oven for about 50 min.
- Let your cake cool before unmolding.
Sugar icing preparation
- In a small bowl, place the powdered sugar.
- Using a teaspoon, add a very small amount of lemon juice (or water) until a runny glaze is obtained.
- Pour the sugar icing on top of the cake and decorate with yellow lemon.