How to make the best lemon bundt cake recipe with lemon flavored glaze icing. This recipe is quick and easy to make at home, with a perfectly soft and moist texture and with a delicious fresh lemon flavor.
This lemon bundt cake recipe is ultra soft and moist with a slightly lemony taste and its delicious sugar glaze flavored with lemon, a delight for all lemon dessert lovers.
Bundt cakes are very similar to a pound cake in their texture and are baked in a bundt pan that has an original shape with a hollow in the center that looks like a kouglof or a savarin cake and that makes all the particularity of these high and fabulous cake.
This lemon bundt cake has a very dense and moist texture, brought by the addition of sour cream and it has a perfect balance between sweetness and tangy flavor.
Like other bundt cake recipes, it comes with a delicious glaze made with icing sugar and lemon juice, which provides the perfect sweet crust to balance the lemony taste of this lemon cake.
Ingredients and substitutions
Here are the ingredients and possible substitutions to make this delicious lemon bundt cake recipe at home, scroll down to see the quantities in the recipe card.
- Butter: Use unsalted butter with a softened texture.
- Sugar: Use only white granulated sugar so as not to alter the flavor of the lemon.
- Eggs: At room temperature.
- Lemon: Preferably freshly squeezed lemon juice and organic, untreated yellow lemon zest. You can replace it with bottled lemon juice or use limes or other citrus fruits instead, such as oranges.
- Sour cream: Essential for flavor and smoothness.
- Milk: preferably buttermilk, which can be replaced by semi-skimmed milk or plain yogurt.
- Flour: White wheat all-purpose flour.
- Yeast: a mixture of baking powder and baking soda that you can replace with a packet of baking powder.
- Vanilla and salt: essential to bring out all the flavors.
- Poppy Seeds: Perfect for adding texture, poppy seeds are a great addition to lemon recipes.
- Red berries: fresh raspberries or frozen raspberries or berries to add to the batter.
⚠️ You will find the quantities and complete instructions in the recipe card.
How to make moist Lemon Bundt Cake
1 - Cream butter
- Place softened butter with granulated sugar and lemon zest in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix with an electric mixer for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs, vanilla extract, fresh lemon juice, and sour cream and mix again with a mixer to incorporate.
Tip: Use an electric mixer to make the mixtures or a stand mixer.
2 - Add dry ingredients
- In a bowl, mix and sift together all dry ingredients, flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Stir in flour mixture and buttermilk alternately with a spatula until well blended.
- Pour the cake batter into 10 inches / 20 cm greased and prepared bundt pan (10 cups Nordicware bundt pan).
Tip: Mix the dry ingredients with a spatula to avoid over-mixing the batter and keep the cake moist.
3 - Baking
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C and bake the lemon bundt cake halfway through for about 40 minutes until golden.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for at least 1 hour before carefully removing it from the pan and allowing it to cool completely to room temperature.
Tip: If you use a bundt pan, be sure to grease the pan twice and especially the small corners for a perfect release. Wait until the cake has cooled down before unmolding it, otherwise, it may crack.
- Place powdered sugar, heavy cream and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Mix with a fork until smooth and fluid.
- Glaze the top of the cooled cake with the lemon glaze and serve immediately with fresh berries or whipped cream or store in a refrigerator.
Tip: If the mixture seems too thick then add more lemon juice and if it seems too thin then add more powdered sugar and mix again.
In the fridge : You can store the lemon bundt cake in the refrigerator for 1 week in a storage box or under plastic wrap.
Reheat it slightly in the microwave if the texture seems too firm to give it back some softness.
Room temperature: You can also store it at room temperature under a plastic wrap for about 2-3 days.
In the freezer: Lemon glazed bundt cake can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months well wrapped or covered in a storage box. Let it thaw gently at room temperature 1 day before.
More loaf cake and bundt cakes
- Chocolate chip bundt cake
- Pumpkin Bread with streusel
- Pear chocolate cake
- Carrot bread with cream cheese
- Moist banana bread
- Chocolate banane bread
- Walnut banana bread
- Chocolate chip banana bread
More lemon recipes
- No-bake Key lime pie
- Lemon meringue tarts
- Lemon cream pie
- Lemon pound cake with sugar icing
- Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Lemon Muffins with Sugar Icing
- Lemon curd tart with meringue
- Lemon curd cupcakes with mascarpone frosting
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in the comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print