How to make lemon bundt cake recipe with lemon-flavored glaze icing and a perfectly moist texture and a delicious fresh lemon flavor like my favorite sour cream lemon pound cake.
This lemon bundt cake recipe is ultra soft and moist with a slightly lemony taste and its delicious sugar glaze is flavored with lemon, a delight for all lemon lovers.
Bundt cakes have a pound cake-like texture and are baked in a distinctive bundt pan with a unique, hollow center, resembling Kouglof or savarin cakes, which gives them their characteristic height and allure.
Like other bundt cake recipes, it features a delightful and simple lemon glaze made from icing sugar and lemon juice, creating a sweet crust that complements the lemony taste of the cake.
Why you'll love this recipe
Ingredients you need
You need these ingredients to make this Sour cream lemon bundt cake:
- Butter: Use unsalted butter with a softened texture.
- Sugar: Use only white granulated sugar so as not to alter the flavor of the lemon.
- Eggs: At room temperature.
- Lemon: Preferably freshly squeezed lemon juice and organic, untreated yellow lemon zest. You can replace it with bottled lemon juice or use limes or other citrus fruits instead, such as oranges.
- Sour cream: Essential for flavor and smoothness.
- Milk: preferably buttermilk, which can be replaced by semi-skimmed milk or plain yogurt.
- Flour: White wheat all-purpose flour.
- Yeast: a mixture of baking powder and baking soda that you can replace with a packet of baking powder.
- Vanilla and salt: essential to bring out all the flavors, you can also add a lemon extract.
How to make Lemon Bundt Cake Recipe
Here are some quick visual instructions. Don't forget that full recipe instructions with exact ingredients can be found in the recipe card below!
Step 1: Place softened butter with granulated sugar and lemon zest in a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. And mix with an electric mixer for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
Step 2: Add eggs, vanilla extract, fresh lemon juice, and sour cream and mix again with a mixer to incorporate.
Step 3: In a bowl, mix and sift together all dry ingredients, flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Stir in flour mixture and buttermilk alternately with a spatula until well blended.
Step 4: Pour the cake batter into 10 inches / 20 cm greased and prepared bundt cake pan (10 cups Nordicware bundt pan).
Step 6: Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C and bake the lemon bundt cake halfway through for about 40 minutes until golden.
Let cool: Let the cake cool in the pan for at least 1 hour before carefully removing it from the pan and allowing it to cool completely in a cooling rack.
Sugar glaze for bundt cake
- Place powdered sugar, heavy cream and lemon juice in a medium bowl.
- Mix with a fork until smooth and fluid.
- Pour the lemon glaze on top of the cake and serve immediately with fresh fruit like fresh berries or whipped cream or store in a refrigerator.
Tips for this recipe
Grease your bundt pan twice: especially the small corners for a perfect release. Wait until the cake is completely cool before unmolding it, otherwise, it may crack.
In the fridge: You can store the lemon bundt cake in the refrigerator for 1 week in a storage box or under plastic wrap.
Reheat it slightly in the microwave if the texture seems too firm to give it back some softness.
Room temperature: You can also store it at room temperature under a plastic wrap for about 2-3 days.
In the freezer: Lemon glazed bundt cake can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months well wrapped or covered in a storage box. Let it thaw gently at room temperature 1 day before.
Variations & Substitutions
More Pound & Bundt Cake Recipes
I hope you love this glazed lemon bundt cake recipe. If you make it, be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know how you liked it. Happy Baking!Print