The Lemon Bundt Cake recipe, this cake with its original shape and hyper melting texture flavoured with lemon and served with a sugar icing.
What is a Bundt cake
The bundt cake is a typically American cake that is very trendy in Europe. It takes its name from the mould in which it is baked, the "Bundt pan".
A mould which has the particularity of having a very original shape, round, with a deep cavity like a tray and with a fluted or spiral shape like here, a bit like a kouglof/savarin mould with a hollow in the center.
It is a very easy to prepare this cake, which is very dense an moiste with a super melting texture and can be made in the flavor of your choice.
The most popular is the chocolate bundt cake and it is often served with an icing, sugar or chocolate icing that further enhances its pretty striated shapes.
My materials and ingredients for this recipe
- Bundt pan spiral best brand Nordicware
- Cake grease spray
- Liquid vanilla extract
- Cake rack
- Cake Tester
How to make a bundt cake
Make the lemon cake batter
- Start by greasing a special Bundt Cake pan with a cake grease spray or butter and flour.
- Then in a bowl, whisk the eggs for 1 minute.
- Stir in powdered sugar, vanilla extract, lemon juice and zest.
- Finish by adding the milk and melted butter.
- Then in another container, mix together dry ingredients, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Finally add the dry ingredients to the first mixture and whisk until you obtain a smooth and homogeneous cake dough.
- Pour the dough into the greased bundt cake pan.
- And cook in the oven for the time indicated.
- Finally check the baking with a cake tester or the blade of a knife.
- And let your cake cool down for about ten minutes before unmoulding it and let it completely cool down on a cake rack.
Make the sugar glaze
- First, place the icing sugar in a container and while stirring with a fork, stir in the lemon juice in small quantities.
- Mix until you obtain a white sugar icing with a fluid texture, quite liquid but not too much.
- Add more powdered sugar if it seems too liquid or add more liquid to loosen it.
- And pour the icing over the cake just before serving.
How to store the bundt cake
This lemon cake will keep at room temperature for 5-7 days, you can also keep it in the freezer for up to 3 months, cut it into pieces in a freezer bag or box.
For a tastier cake
- Poppy seeds for a lemon poppy bundt cake version
- Or whole blueberry frozen in the cake batter
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Other bundt cake recipes
- Chocolate bundt cake and raspberry glaze
Lemon bundt cake
- 280 g flour
- 145 g butter - melted
- 150 g sugar powder
- 4 eggs
- 280 ml milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 zest Lemon
- 1 juice lemon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp liquid vanilla extract
- 150 icing sugar
- ½ juice lemon
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and grease a bundt cake tin with a grease spray for demolding, or by putting a layer of butter and then flour.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs for about 1 minute.
- Then add powdered sugar, vanilla extract, lemon zest and juice and mix again.
- Also stir in the milk and melted butter.
- In another bowl mix together the dry ingredients, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Then add the dry ingredients to the first mixture.
- Pour the dough into your cake tin and bake for about 30-35 minutes.
- Check the baking time with a cake tester or the blade of a knife.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before unmoulding your cake and let it cool completely on a cake rack.
- Place the powdered sugar in a bowl and pour in the lemon juice little by little while stirring with a fork.
- The consistency of the icing should be liquid and a little thick, it should be runny enough but not too thick to stick to the cake.
- If it is too liquid add icing sugar and if it is too thick add liquid.