This chocolate chip bundt cake recipe with chocolate glaze is amazing and super easy. A moist, dense, rich chocolate texture made off extra chocolate chips inside and a delicious homemade chocolate glaze.
Best chocolat chip bundt cake recipe
When I make this chocolate bundt cake at home I know ahead of time that no one will resist it because they love this recipe so much. It is truly a chocolate lover's treat, with a heavenly moist and dense texture and an extra dose of mini chocolate chips and hot shot to enhance its rich taste and flavor. And I didn't forget to mention its homemade chocolate glaze!
Bundt cake vs regular cake
The particularity of bundt cake recipes compares to regular cakes is the unique shape which is similar to a doughnut and for that you need to use a bundt pan. My favorite and most popular brand of all is Nordicware which have very pretty shapes and in addition gives every time an incredible result of baking.
But we also notice in this kind of bundt cakes as in my recipe of lemon bundt cake, it' s texture is dense and moist which would be closer to a pound cake. And that's clearly what we love most about these recipe they melt in your mouth and are so comforting with is topping glaze.
Ingredients for making this chocolate chip bundt cake
- Flour : all purpose.
- Cocoa powder : unsweetened.
- Bakind soda and baking powder : a combination of both to make it soft.
- Butter : unsalted and softened at room temperature.
- Sucre : a mixture of powdered sugar and brown sugar to sweeten and flavour.
- Eggs : room temperature.
- Sour cream: Take it out of the fridge in advance to bring it to room temperature as well. You can also replace it with buttermilk.
- Hot coffee : You can use an espresso bag to dilute in hot water or prepare a small coffee with your coffee maker
- Sweet chocolate chips : brings more chocolate to the texture.
- Salt and vanilla extract : to bring out the flavor and fragrance.
How to make this chocolate chip bundt cake with sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 175°C and grease a 6-8 cups / 20 cm diameter bundt cake pan with non-stick spray or butter.
- In a bowl mix together the dry ingredients, flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl place the butter with the brown sugar, powdered sugar and vanilla and beat with an electric whisk for about 2-3 minutes until smooth.
- Add the eggs one by one, and beat for a few seconds to incorporate them well.
- Then add the sour cream, dry ingredients, coffee and chocolate chips and mix gently with a spatula.
Tip: Grease the pan twice with a spray or butter, making sure to get into every nook and cranny.
How to bake it
- Pour the mixture into the prepared bundt cake pan and bake for about 40-50 minutes.
- Check by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cake, if it comes out clean the cake is done, if not extend the time by a few minutes.
- Let the cake cool completely in the pan before unmolding.
Tip: Let the cake cool for at least 20 minutes in the pan before unmolding.
How to make the chocolate glaze
Prepare the chocolate glaze just before serving. I recommend using semi-sweet chocolate in a bar or chocolate chips with heavy cream. The ratio is simple, half and half, to which you can add a teaspoon of vegetable oil for a shiny glaze.
For the process you can either use the microwave to heat all the ingredients or over a double boiler, which is what I prefer and explain here because I can control the texture of the glaze and not overheat the chocolate.
In a double boiler
Place the chopped chocolate or chocolate chips with the heavy cream and oil in a bowl and place over a saucepan containing a little water. The water should not come in contact with the bowl, the steam will melt the ingredients.
Heat over medium heat and stir constantly with a wooden spoon until the chocolate is completely melted and you have a fluid mixture without lumps and very smooth.
Use the glaze immediately on your cake, you can reheat it a bit in the microwave if you find the texture thickens.
Other chocolate cake recipes you may like
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!
Chocolate chip bundt cake with chocolate glaze
Chocolate chip bundt cake
- 144 g Flour - all-purpose
- 36 g Cocoa powder - unsweetened
- 1 pinch Salt
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 120 g Butter - unsalted and softened
- 120 g Powdered sugar - granulated
- 90 g Brown sugar
- 3 eggs - room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 120 g Sour cream - or buttermilk or yogurt
- 90 ml Hot coffee - or instant expresso coffee
- 100 g Chocolate chips - semi-sweet
- 50 g Chopped chocolate - or chocolate chips
- 50 ml Heavy cream - full fat
- 1 tsp Vegetable oil
Chocolate chip bundt cake
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 175°C and grease a 6-8 cup / 20 cm diameter bundt cake pan with a nonstick spray or butter.
- In a bowl mix together the dry ingredients, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another container place the butter with the brown sugar, powdered sugar and vanilla and beat with an electric whisk for about 2-3 minutes until smooth.
- Add the eggs one by one and beat for a few seconds to incorporate them well.
- Add the fresh cream, then the dry ingredients, coffee and chocolate chips and mix gently with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared bundt cake pan and bake for about 40-50 minutes. Check for doneness with a toothpick by sticking it in the center of the cake, if it comes out clean the cake is done, if not, extend it for a few minutes.
- Let the cake cool completely in the pan before removing from the pan.
- Heat the chopped chocolate with the heavy cream and vegetable oil in a double boiler or in the microwave until you have a liquid glaze.
- Drizzle the chocolate glaze over the bundt cake and serve immediately.