These carrot cake cupcakes are moist and flavored with spices. With a crunchy nut texture and a delicious cream cheese frosting. This recipe is perfect for any occasion!
Like the classic carrot cake recipe, this version of carrot cake cupcakes is delicious, all the moistness and spice flavor in these cupcakes perfect for your little cravings. They are light, soft made using freshly grated carrot that bring a moist and tender texture.
I also added crushed peanut inside which gives more crunch and flavor in the mouth and of course its all favorite cream cheese frosting.
Ingredients to make these cupcakes
This is a really easy recipe to make and trust me you won't smell the carrot at all in these cupcakes. If the spices scare you then you can easily remove them from the ingredients, but remember that carrot cake is much better with at least the cinnamon spices.
- Carrots: raw and finely grated.
- Flour: all purpose, measure the quantity well with an electronic scale rather than measuring cups.
- Spices: A mixture of ground seasonal spices, such as cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves.
- Raising agent: Baking soda and baking powder.
- Eggs: at room temperature.
- Sugar: A mixture of granulated and brown flavored sugar.
- Vegetable oil: A neutral oil such as rapeseed oil.
- Nuts: Pecans or a mixture of nuts.
- Vanilla extract and sal : liquid or dried vanilla extract and salt.
How to make carrot cake cupcakes
- Grate the carrots finely with a cheese grater.(You can also use shredded carrots from the store)
- Mix the dry ingredients together, flour, baking soda, baking powder, spice mix and salt.
- Mix in another bowl the liquid ingredients, the eggs with the granulated sugar and the brown sugar, the vegetable oil, the vanilla and the grated carrots.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients.
- Finish by adding the crushed nuts.
How to bake cupcakes
- Fill cupcake cases ¾ full or bake directly in your pre-greased muffin pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, checking to see if they are cooked through with a toothpick inserted in the center and until they are a golden color
- Allow the cupcakes to cool a bit before removing from the pan, then let them cool completely on a cake rack.
Frequently asked question about carrot cake cupcakes :
Choose a neutral vegetable oil such as rapeseed oil or grape seed oil. You can also use walnut or hazelnut oil for more flavor.
With a mixture of crushed nuts, such as walnut kernels or almonds.
I have never tested it, but some recipes are prepared with applesauce. I think it should be added in addition to the ingredients, but not instead of the oil, which also adds moisture to the texture.
I prefer to keep them in the fridge, especially if they have the cream cheese frosting. But the carrot cupcakes alone can be kept at room temperature in a storage box with a lid.
- High-hat chocolate cupcakes
- Lemon curd cupcakes
- Easy carrot cake recipe with cream cheese frosting
- Coconut cupcakes
- Vanilla cupcakes
- White chocolate raspberry cupcakes
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print